biggest trout

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have caught some rainbow,s over 10lb but i dont really count them lol.

i took my biggest wild fish yesterday on loch currane.

not the biggest but i was well chuffed.

a 4 1/2 lb sea trout.

612.jpg

as keeping with the topic

my biggest salmon is 55lb :thumbs:

nice fish super sam next time you are up in that area try the mouth of the inny

at the beach some huge fish there around now hard to catch but missed my biggest there

at six pounder at least will be in kerry after bass and sea trout in september

cant wait

mack

cheers lad i will give the inny a go.

i have fished curane many times and decided this year to put my own boat on there so should have some good sport for the future fingers crossed.

i love the bass fishing too but i have some great bass fishing local which is the biz :thumbs:

a 4 1/2 lb sea trout.

612.jpg

Thats a decent sea trout ...a 55lb salmon thats a serious fish...

the salmon i caught was a king salmon in alaska moo.

i had on the trip a 44lber,38,36 and 30 lb kings also along with about 60-100 sockie salmon and a few humpy,s and pink salmon too

this is the big one

034.jpg

Edited by supersam

here is afew of mine i had the other day :)20kxd7r.jpg

some nice fish there minzy mate where you had them from jock yules pond lol

lol chadd park brook mate with the £1 nets you get at the cafe lol shes rimming with um :laugh:

a 4 1/2 lb sea trout.

612.jpg

i had on the trip a 44lber,38,36 and 30 lb kings also along with about 60-100 sockie salmon and a few humpy,s and pink salmon too

this is the big one

034.jpg

I have promised myself a trip over there soon SS one of the lads i fish with goes over every couple of year hes heading over this year and he says its some fishing I cant remember what river but the run is 20 million of each type of salmon .

The biggest salmon ive had over here is 27lb I will put a scanned pic of it

a 4 1/2 lb sea trout.

612.jpg

this is the big one

034.jpg

I have promised myself a trip over there soon SS one of the lads i fish with goes over every couple of year hes heading over this year and he says its some fishing I cant remember what river but the run is 20 million of each type of salmon .

The biggest salmon ive had over here is 27lb I will put a scanned pic of it

27lb is a monster moo.

when i was in alaksa they were getting around 120 - 150,000 sockie a day running and about 25-50,000 kings.

what ya have to remember in planning the trip is that the humpie,s and pinks run in alternate years to the kings and sockie.

the sockie however dont feed when they come into the river so your really just foul hooking them which is allowed in alaska.

i really enjoyed my trip to alaska but for me if i had to do it all over again for the money i would have prob gone to argentina for the big sea trout :thumbs:

I was just speaking to my fishin partner about the sea trout in Argentina ...I fancy Russia ...Ive been to Norway a few times not fishing but its very expencive ...my mates been over to Iceland a few times ....I am on the river today ...it was up over 8 feet yesterday had burst its bank in a few places and was totally unfishable with all the rain but it has dropped 6 feet over night and dropped a foot in an hour this morning when I was there so high tide is after tea time so we will be out for a cast later and hopefully get into some sea trout at night

I was just speaking to my fishin partner about the sea trout in Argentina ...I fancy Russia ...Ive been to Norway a few times not fishing but its very expencive ...my mates been over to Iceland a few times ....I am on the river today ...it was up over 8 feet yesterday had burst its bank in a few places and was totally unfishable with all the rain but it has dropped 6 feet over night and dropped a foot in an hour this morning when I was there so high tide is after tea time so we will be out for a cast later and hopefully get into some sea trout at night

would fancy russia myself too.

even the fharo,s as i heard they have some great sea trout too.

new zealand too the list goes on.

will have to win the lotto me thinks lol.

best of luck on the fishing tonight.

just looked at the local river this evening and its choco brown and unfishable.

you guys want to get up to loch awe. I usually fish for pike and we have had some good ones, but the regular ferox fishermen up there are something else - google brian rutlands fish - amazing! there have been a few around the 20lb caught recently. top fish

i was going to say loch awe, do they not run to the high 20sand the odd big rainbow thats escaped from the farms?