pure strains of bedlington

p3d thanks for putting the pic up of old joe i was looking for it as i have it here i can agree with you that most modern bedys don t look anything like a proper bedy should those in the pic could be dogs in my yard as my bedys look like that not the fluff ball brigade you see the KC call bedys , crossed with poodle, bichon, whippet etc etc .

i dont believe there is such a thing as a pure bedlington , ive been around bedys for 50 years and seen all manner of crossed bedy some ok some not but i have fell blood in my stock and that works for me , matulkoh likes my stuff as he came in whilst over picking his 3/4 bedy 1/4 fell [black dog in pic] and is talking about using one of my dogs as a stud dog and i have an invite to go over and hunt with him of which iam only to happy to take him up on next season but all UK bedys have some sort of cross in them G N used lakelands and borders some people used glen of immal some patterdales and some used jrt every one to there own , but the main cross for a bedy is the fell as this seems to throw consietant and the dogs produced do the job , just my take on things yis top

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

all KC furrball bedlingtons should be shot along with there owners all a bunch of tossers

i think there is a small group of deicated beddy followers that breed a good working strain. The KC bunch are a total embarressment as with any other breed they ruin   Edit to say by working strain

Saw a dog brought into Ireland in the late 70's, dark blue in colour called "Flint'. I believe he was from a working strain in the north of England. He was a powerful looking dog must have been clos

Posted Images

p3d thanks for putting the pic up of old joe i was looking for it as i have it here i can agree with you that most modern bedys don t look anything like a proper bedy should those in the pic could be dogs in my yard as my bedys look like that not the fluff ball brigade you see the KC call bedys , crossed with poodle, bichon, whippet etc etc .

i dont believe there is such a thing as a pure bedlington , ive been around bedys for 50 years and seen all manner of crossed bedy some ok some not but i have fell blood in my stock and that works for me , matulkoh likes my stuff as he came in whilst over picking his 3/4 bedy 1/4 fell [black dog in pic] and is talking about using one of my dogs as a stud dog and i have an invite to go over and hunt with him of which iam only to happy to take him up on next season but all UK bedys have some sort of cross in them G N used lakelands and borders some people used glen of immal some patterdales and some used jrt every one to there own , but the main cross for a bedy is the fell as this seems to throw consietant and the dogs produced do the job , just my take on things yis top

If your dogs look like the one in the photo, It's my guess your doing something right.

The Fell / Bedlington seems like a good choice, old photos of Tommy Dobson show dogs with that mix.

I don't know enough about the breed, but the show people are not doing it any favours the way they trim the coat.

It is a pity to see what the show people have done to so many terriers.

It's good that there are guys like matulkoh and yourself working to keep it alive.

ATB

I hope the future holds well for the bedlington ,they have suffered from to many experts and not enought work ,there are some acters and some good lads own them but the only way is to breed of good earth dogs not 5 minute wonders and jibbers ,if you breed shit to shit you will end up with a pile of it

fortunately there are more of us and there some good proven dogs. topps Britt is 7/8 beddy 1/8fell but it s no important. those dogs in pic it s not my cup of tea, too wide in chest.

obviously both you and topper know your stuff on the bedlingtons and thats great for the breed just wondering what height they are fully grown

fortunately there are more of us and there some good proven dogs. topps Britt is 7/8 beddy 1/8fell but it s no important. those dogs in pic it s not my cup of tea, too wide in chest.

obviously both you and topper know your stuff on the bedlingtons and thats great for the breed just wondering what height they are fully grown

dog is 40,5cm, bitch 38,5cm, britt 38,5-39cm. all are small in chest smaller like 30cm black dogs.

So the lines of heard about years ago granitor,rillington,gutchcommon are these working lines or k.c and if k.c do they still work is this. the bloodlines used in the non k.c stuff that is working any info appreciative.

So the lines of heard about years ago granitor,rillington,gutchcommon are these working lines or k.c and if k.c do they still work is this. the bloodlines used in the non k.c stuff that is working any info appreciative.

granitor, gutchcommon are KC, rillington used to be working line, i don t know any workers from these lines in recent time. worker=earth dog

Someone was banging on about KC Bedlingtons as viable working terriers on the Working Bedlington Forum, so the question was asked - how many members actually properly work their KC reg dogs - I think there was only one reply.

When will some people learn that registration with the KC means a closed stud book and breeding for looks, movement etc.

The Kennel Club and working terriers are not compatible!

topper? :whistling: