pheasant

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Makes things a little clearer for me. I was always lead to believe it was illegal to hunt them with an air rifle. Never bothered to check that out really. I've shot scores of them for the pot, only be

How do you know he hasn't got an open ticket? You decided to wipe out someone's livelihood because he spoilt your leisure shooting? Well done. And folk wonder why they struggle to get permission.

I have a very strong sense of fair play by the rules. I respected his birds and the shooting syndicate he runs so, I kept off. But, he thinks he's above the law and rules the roost and can do whatever

It's "frowned upon" by the boys with the 12 guages, but yes when they are in season and you have permission, then a headshot will despatch them cleany

cheers lads wasnt too sure bout it, i new it was legal a few years back but wasnt sure wheather or not it still was

Make sure its o.k first, as land owners dont like to get on the wrong side of the local shoot, most will actually tell you not too.

Dont wory about the 12g boys they get jelous because some pay £20-£30 + vat per bird :laugh: :laugh:

One for the pot dosent seem to bother anyone, just get it in your poachers pocket quick :laugh: :laugh:

.atb. .ste.

hi buddy

yes you can take a pheasant with an air rifle :thumbs:

there is a season for them! but if the land owner wants rid of them,then once there in your cross hairs take em! make sure its a head shot only!!! they make a very nice meal :thumbs:

regards

Davy

just wondering if its legal 2 shoot pheasants with air rifles? cheers :thumbs:

hope so mate...

006.jpg

cheers, wurz

haha nice1, shud be hanging from neck tho :thumbs:

what bout ducks? is there a list on here of things you can/cant shoot with air rifle? cheers

Makes things a little clearer for me. I was always lead to believe it was illegal to hunt them with an air rifle. Never bothered to check that out really. I've shot scores of them for the pot, only because in the past, a certain gamekeeper on my permission would happily run his dogs on my shooting ground, after seeing my car parked up and deliberately screw up any hope of a decent dusk rabbit hunt.

So I mercillessly hunted down and zapped his pheasants and partridges. I once culled his entire stock by sniping at the feeding bins and shooting everything of every bird I saw.

Sure it was wrong. But he got the message good and proper, and now we get along just fine, out of eachothers way :thumbs: .

• Like 2

Makes things a little clearer for me. I was always lead to believe it was illegal to hunt them with an air rifle. Never bothered to check that out really. I've shot scores of them for the pot, only because in the past, a certain gamekeeper on my permission would happily run his dogs on my shooting ground, after seeing my car parked up and deliberately screw up any hope of a decent dusk rabbit hunt.

So I mercillessly hunted down and zapped his pheasants and partridges. I once culled his entire stock by sniping at the feeding bins and shooting everything of every bird I saw.

Sure it was wrong. But he got the message good and proper, and now we get along just fine, out of eachothers way :thumbs: .

:clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper:

just wondering if its legal 2 shoot pheasants with air rifles? cheers :thumbs:

hope so mate...

006.jpg

cheers, wurz

haha nice1, shud be hanging from neck tho :thumbs:

that was just for the photo mate, it was cooked and eaten that night :laugh:

cheers, wurz