New ground

Heres a couple of pics from a small patch ive just aquired but the deer are very tame having been used to horse riders and people in general .To be honest i will probably use it to watch deer rather than shoot them as it would be a shame to undo this trust for the sake of a bullet .

Picture014-8.jpg

The first deer i came across let me get to within 40 yds before sauntering off .

Picture013-9.jpg

This old doe let me walk right up to her and i retreated with her still sat .Very priveliged to be so close to be honest.Saw a munty too but he wasnt so obliging.

Think of it like this. If you kill a few of them you'll actually be doing them a favor by putting that fear of the predator back in them. It's not natural for them to be so tame and if you don't "help" them with that, somone else will soon capitalise on the situation.

Or if it's not sporting enough for you why not take a beginner out for his or her first outing. It should be a great place to introduce a newcomer to the sport.

Your points are noted and realized but the reason for the no shooting is to observe and i know from experience that once your the trust is gone they never return to the same passive state .I have enough areas to shoot on without disturbing this one .

• Like 1

Heres a couple of pics from a small patch ive just aquired but the deer are very tame having been used to horse riders and people in general .To be honest i will probably use it to watch deer rather than shoot them as it would be a shame to undo this trust for the sake of a bullet .

Picture014-8.jpg

The first deer i came across let me get to within 40 yds before sauntering off .

Picture013-9.jpg

This old doe let me walk right up to her and i retreated with her still sat .Very priveliged to be so close to be honest.Saw a munty too but he wasnt so obliging.

great pic,s keep,em coming :thumbs:

Picture014-8.jpg

Picture013-9.jpg

grest pic,s keep um coming :thumbs:

.To be honest i will probably use it to watch deer rather than shoot them as it would be a shame to undo this trust for the sake of a bullet .

Very respectful mate well said and that is why some people that will kill everything that moves never gets the chance to get good permission.

there is a place near me which is the same with muntys....the first time i saw them her i was gob smacked as to how tame they are....one even stood its ground with a dog i used to have on a path and saw the dog off!! I regularly get within 50 yards of them and they just keep grazing..