PDSA as bad as RSPCA!

It was pretty crap of me not to say that i hope the dog recovers Fish. :yes:

Its all good in the hood BD. :thumbs: (Comic relief making me emotional!) :laugh:

Its so sad to see people suffer, seeing kids and animals suffer (inoccents) is just painful.

The generousity of the public has been amazing, lets hope it makes a difference.

I was touched at Lenny Henry, shit comic but a very loving man indeed.

Peace and rockets :thumbs:

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I hate to be the one that throws a negative comment in here ..... BUT ....... i fail to see why people RELY on the PDSA. Yes vets bills are expensive, but IMO the moment you decide to get a dog, you a

BULLY FOR YOU, WE ALL HAVE DIFFERENT SITUATIONS AND IN TODAYS CLIMATE WORK AND MONEY CAN BECOME SCARSE, MIND YOUR OWN BUISNESS MIGHT BE GOOD ADVICE FOR YOU.

Just to add, you might be young Hannah and not had your life turned upside down by trauma, i hope you stay lucky, but its not nice judging people whom you do not know as you have no idea of there circ

I have little time vets thesedays , they are only interested in getting as much out of you as possible , My 14year old son ,who has been around lurchers all his life , even judged lurcher shows , recently took his new pup to be jabbed where he was told he was too young to bring the dog on his own , that he shouldnt have wormed the pup and he must not feed the dog on meat or bones !! , and that we should buy some food off him !! Ive been feeding raw for years and my dogs look well on it , animal lovers they are not anymore !

• Like 2

Its all good in the hood BD. :thumbs: (Comic relief making me emotional!) :laugh:

Its so sad to see people suffer, seeing kids and animals suffer (inoccents) is just painful.

The generousity of the public has been amazing, lets hope it makes a difference.

Amen to that. I visited a township in South Africa last month as i'm doing some photography work for a charity out there, it left me feeling empty and in genuine shock. :cry: Disgusting that in this day and age there is still children dying of hunger. :cry::no:

I took a bitch to the Manor last year for an op, the nurse said we need to run a test to see if your dogs up to the op at x amounts of pounds, bemused, i asked her what would happen if the test came back that she wasnt? her reply was well we still need to do the op FFS.

Most private vets today asre licensed to print there own money and have only this in mind.

This is why IMO our dogs would be safer with the PDSA.

Politics and hidden agendas of animal charities aside, it's your dog, if you can't afford veterinary treatment without relying on the pdsa, then maybe you shouldn't have one.

Or here's a thought, insurance, what does it cost, 12-15 quid a month, they're your dogs therefore your responsibility.

Amen to that. I visited a township in South Africa last month as i'm doing some photography work for a charity out there, it left me feeling empty and in genuine shock. :cry: Disgusting that in this day and age there is still children dying of hunger. :cry::no:

A young girl was starved to death in Birmingham a couple of years ago, people are cruel and life can be crueler.

Politics and hidden agendas of animal charities aside, it's your dog, if you can't afford veterinary treatment without relying on the pdsa, then maybe you shouldn't have one.

Or here's a thought, insurance, what does it cost, 12-15 quid a month, they're your dogs therefore your responsibility.

In an ideal world that wouldnt be a problem, like i said before, things happen in life that we have no control over.

I have vetted homes for the Staffordshire bullterrier rescue, and my findings were, that of the people with there insurence policies and axminster rugs usually turned out to be the ones who let the dog down in the end, the guys whom may rely on charity once in a while were the ones who l;oved and devoted there lives to the dogs.

ATB D (a man whom has swallowed his pride for the love of his dog)

• Like 1

In an ideal world that wouldnt be a problem, like i said before, things happen in life that we have no control over.

I have vetted homes for the Staffordshire bullterrier rescue, and my findings were, that of the people with there insurence policies and axminster rugs usually turned out to be the ones who let the dog down in the end, the guys whom may rely on charity once in a while were the ones who l;oved and devoted there lives to the dogs.

No offence mate, but I'll say it as I see it, anyone who has to rely on a charity to attend their dogs needs shouldn't own one.

You can get insurance for the price of a couple of pints a week.

To be honest the pdsa is abused, I know (as I'm sure most people do) the fly boys who get mates or family members on benefits to take their dogs in for treatment, time to implement a minimum charge, if you can't afford to own a dog and provide veterinary treatment when needed don't own one, simple.

Also, how hypocritical is it to lambast the rspca then go to them cap in hand for treatment for your dog.

Edited by mackay
  • Like 1

No offence mate, but I'll say it as I see it, anyone who has to rely on a charity to attend their dogs needs shouldn't own one.

You can get insurance for the price of a couple of pints a week.

To be honest the pdsa is abused, I know (as I'm sure most people do) the fly boys who get mates or family members on benefits to take their dogs in for treatment, time to implement a minimum charge, if you can't afford to own a dog and provide veterinary treatment when needed don't own one, simple.

It is abused that i have seen with my own eyes, now thats a totaly different issue, alot different from a man whom may have fallen on hard times but still has his dogs interest at heart.

Ive raised money for the PDSA along with many other causes, i have donated much of my own money also, but i have on more than one occasion had to fall on the help of others like me. I dont care if you think i shouldnt own a dog infact i dont care if you wake up in the morning. So no offence taken

I hate to be the one that throws a negative comment in here ..... BUT ....... i fail to see why people RELY on the PDSA. Yes vets bills are expensive, but IMO the moment you decide to get a dog, you also decide to take on the responsibility, including the financial outlay.

If MY dogs are in need of vet assistance, i take them and I foot the bill for MY dogs. :thumbs:

I don't mean to be a dick, but i'm guessing you are taking that view because you CAN pay for any problems your dog has. I know where you are coming from, but for many people, the ridiculous profiteering of the veterinary profession means that if they did not RELY on the PDSA, then they would forever be barred from having a dog or accept the fact that they cannot give it the treatment they require. Working dogs are part of a working class culture, but these days if you didnt have the PDSA, properly cared for dogs would become for the rich only.

That's just a thought, and i'm not saying the system isnt abused to f**k, and i know you can get insurance, but even that still has an excess on it and may be prohibitive for some folk.

all im gonna say is they dont give a flying fu.ck about the animals at pdsa,rspca whatever nearly all charities that are staffed by solely by volunteers do it for the right reasons its a job to them at the end of the day and what if your vet sends you to the pdsa as you cant pay 1000 quid for treatment up front ideation hit the nail on the head if these vets werent extremely expensive and charge for everything like there time and then put charges on the drugs/treatment they are giving then in that time they already charged for maybe very very few people would rely on these so called charities iv had medication from vets before and with there charges its come to over 50 quid for a pack of antibiotics that i had the same at home for my own use it is madness how they can get away with it and they got you by the short and curlies and they know it

Pet insurance is not the long term answer.

When the vet finds out you've got insurance they fu.cking really go to town with the treatment. Which in turn makes the insurance more expensive or raises the access. Eventually insurance will be too expensive for most people.

• Like 4

WTF!?

Driving a suffering dog around trying to get something for nothing ............ I'd say you don't deserve to own the dog.

There's no NHS for dogs, never has been, therefore it an absolute must that if you own a dog then you have a huge responsibility for it's welfare, therefore if you can't guarantee your dog any care it needs then you shouldn't have it.

I had to beg and borrow this time last year to pay for emergency treatment for a dog (£1300 in the end), I was close to selling my car to repay what I'd borrowed, but it was never in my mind that someone else should have to pay!

Just one word ................ SCROUNGER!

So you can add Strong Stuff to your list of those who are against you next time you go to see your psychiatrist!

:no:

F.ucking disgraceful.

Edited by Strong Stuff
  • Like 4