putting terriers to ground

what age do you lads put your terriers to ground i think all terriers are diffrent some terriers will go first chance they get and some will just have no intrest in going i have never forced any of mine into anything they dont want to do any genuine terrier men will no when his terrier is ready to go and is showing good intrest in going to ground

i have a bitch who went to ground at 9 months old the smooth one in my avatar and i have another one

who didn't go until she was 16 months old the rough one in my avatar so as bud said all dog are different

and ready when there ready :thumbs:

what age do you lads put your terriers to ground i think all terriers are diffrent some terriers will go first chance they get and some will just have no intrest in going i have never forced any of mine into anything they dont want to do any genuine terrier men will no when his terrier is ready to go and is showing good intrest in going to ground

I DONT LET MINE GO UNTIL THEY ARE BETWEEN 16 TO 18 MONTHS OLD BUT THATS JUST PERSONAL PREFERENCE OTHER LADS MAY DIFFER

I DONT LET MINE GO UNTIL THEY ARE BETWEEN 16 TO 18 MONTHS OLD BUT THATS JUST PERSONAL PREFERENCE OTHER LADS MAY DIFFER

i prefer mines working before that age but like you say people may differ

this dog was going to ground at 7 or 8 month :thumbs:

Picture062.jpg

got a dog here that wont be tried till he its 16/18 month old ... thats my preferance ...

any younger than 12 months is idiotic in my eyes ... dog aint fully developed and mature enough seen a dog jack by the owner starting it to early ...

Hi,

Its all very well saying a terrier will know when its ready to go to ground.

But i think in some circumstances you sometimes have to think for the pup and hold it back when necessary.

A well bred pup will want to go before it is up to the job.

Just my observations.

Cheers Pernod

Hi,

Its all very well saying a terrier will know when its ready to go to ground.

But i think in some circumstances you sometimes have to think for the pup and hold it back when necessary.

A well bred pup will want to go before it is up to the job.

Just my observations.

Cheers Pernod

ABSOLUTLEY [bANNED TEXT] PERNOD. :thumbs:

Picture062.jpg

to young u will make him jack :thumbdown:

Picture062.jpg

yes only if you over work it or work is sore :yes:

Picture062.jpg

yes only if you over work it or work is sore :yes:

seen it all [bANNED TEXT] :thumbs: