RATTING Vs DIGGING

Guest Eamon.Mc

Guest Eamon.Mc

Just to start off, a digging lad posted a thread and got abuse so he deleted his own thread . People on here gave him stick about the pics he posted. Now I've noticed that going back through threads that everyone back slaps and comments on dogs killing rats, i.e packs of dogs tearing rats apart. Now I'm by no means getting at anyone who goes ratting, I do a fair bit in the closed digging season. Now why is it that pics can be posted of rats being ripped apart by 1 or more terriers with pics of bloodied terriers out ratting but when a genuine digging lad puts a few pics up of his dogs after a dig he get's torn apart??? Bearing in mind a terrier that is dug to is facing a formiddable oponent usualy the same size or bigger than itself, it is inevitable he will take a hit or 2 even dogs ratting get bitten and bleed so can all you assholes that slabber and give digging lads abuse because of their threads not just feck off and sit behind your keyboards and go visit the crufts doggy site instead of bringing your shite on here. Real guys out there hunting their dogs and working them have enough to deal with, antis and such like that it's a pain in the arse when you come onto a so called hunting forum to be slagged off by so called hunters. If you don't like what you see then don't look or even better don't comment, I'd realy like to see some threads from those of you that posted negative comments about other peoples digs and pics, I'd bet we'd be lucky if even a 1/3 of yous go into the fields with your prized show dogs.Keep ratting boys and posting pics they're great, it's a pity those of us that are digging and sharing our exploits don't be seen in the same light by the armchair hunters out there.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well said eamon.too much back stabbing .we should all stick together.there are enough people trying to bring us down without picking on our own.keep digging,f**k the ban.cheers mouse.

what do you know, you turned down a day with the wink to go to "work", like thats important, the f*****g cheek of it!! whats wrong with my mice hounds!?!?! :D:D:D

i dont condone anything but mice hunting(its illegal to the core), you need some good dogs for that, i think a few on here might even breed them. :D:D:D

look folks i really dont think it matters what you work them on but imho a working terrier is one that atleast would do the job below ground, i love a bit of ratting as much as the next man, but wouldnt keep a dog just for that (my prefrence). the root of a working terrier is earth work, so you cant knock lads for sharing that with you, even if its not your thing.

Guest Eamon.Mc

well said eamon.too much back stabbing .we should all stick together.there are enough people trying to bring us down without picking on our own.keep digging,f**k the ban.cheers mouse.

what do you know, you turned down a day with the wink to go to "work", like thats important, the f*****g cheek of it!! whats wrong with my mice hounds!?!?! :D:D:D

i dont condone anything but mice hunting(its illegal to the core), you need some good dogs for that, i think a few on here might even breed them. :D:D:D

look folks i really dont think it matters what you work them on but imho a working terrier is one that atleast would do the job below ground, i love a bit of ratting as much as the next man, but wouldnt keep a dog just for that (my prefrence). the root of a working terrier is earth work, so you cant knock lads for sharing that with you, even if its not your thing.

I was getting at the negative posters Winky, just using ratting as opposed to digging as a comparison.

I was getting at the negative posters Winky, just using ratting as opposed to digging as a comparison.

i know mate im just messing about, didnt mean to deveate from your point,beacase it was a good one

to be honest as you know, i will post pics on other sites but not here, good pics that really the genuine lads on here are perhaps missing out on, but i have to say there are alot of people on here that are real messers and not even worth bothering with.

cheers wink ;)

im no expert but is`nt a terrier a creature bred to kill other animals i.e vermin,are they not percificaly designed to dispatch our verminy pest`s.. so why the strawberry fudge cake,if people dont like the thought of that do they read such forum`s and thread`s... i dont understand? they must be the same people that wrrite to points of view "just turn over!!!!" "or not read!"

Edited by mussells

for years working terriers to me as been earth work, dogs that go down holes and works his game, ratting is yes good fun ,but for young pups, had a phone call last night from a keeper friend who as asked me to do some ratting this sunday ive said yes as it keeps me on the land for digging but only me young ones will be doing it ,i will take a couple of old dogs with me so as soon as we are dun im going for a dig, 7 till 10 ratting then 10 till ive dun digging, then again digging in the week as theres to meny out at weekends now days.

i think on the same lines mate i do go rattin on the farm but its only to keep the farmers happy i have 5 farms all next to each other but in the middle of them is water board land with 4 big reses on and just at the bottem of there land is the farm tip its liftin with them but they leave hem until they come down to the farms but i prefer to do that at weekends and dig in the week i dont see many on the land but some times we do and it only takes one ........... Rattin is fun but i prefer diggin