ridgeback/greyhounds

my friend had a few purebreds wanted to use them to protect from bear at oil rigs and remote areas. They looked tough but were useless when there weren't lots of backup. He found that the show bred ones fight to much they are not a fighting breed(kennel club wankers) but a pack breed like a dogo. Alone he said they were pretty much all bark no bite. he went to the akbash/ maremma cross instead.

Where did the phrase cur come from I heard it a few times on here?

I believe it to be a term used to describe a dog of unknown breeding or tight breeding that posesed unwanted traits. The pit fighters used to say that if they beet another dog they proved it was a cur

Why would anybody with a practical functioning brain even consider such a breeding ? Just because a Ridgeback looks mean/strong/game means f**k all !! So why let one near a greyhound bitch ? :laugh::laugh:

Bull crosses and good tested linebred stuff will produce "all quarry" dogs in any case !! :yes:

Fantasist clap trap again me thinks..........

Why would anybody with a practical functioning brain even consider such a breeding ? Just because a Ridgeback looks mean/strong/game means f**k all !! So why let one near a greyhound bitch ? :laugh::laugh:

Bull crosses and good tested linebred stuff will produce "all quarry" dogs in any case !! :yes:

Fantasist clap trap again me thinks..........

sorry, forgot you are the authority on all dogs/hunting and we should never try anyting different because you dont like it... f**k off! if you've got nothing to add to this topic why get involved? its nothing to do with how the dog looks, maybe you breed your dogs according to looks ~ it wouldnt surprise me. the lad asked a question about a breed, not for some wankers big talk about why he doesnt like a breed. dont listen to uneducated ideas about things they know nothing about. if they couldnt hunt, the aussies/yanks wouldnt use them.

What does a Ridgeback bring to the table that the dogs we currently use don't have?

Genuine question.

Err........nothing..........its just back yard messers fecking about IMHO.....same as labra doodle thingys, patxspringers and a multitude of other fecking nonsense......accidental matings happen, but for feck sake dont pass them off as bred for a job type tools......have the common decency to get them spayed or nutured or whatever.

As for why someone would use a ridge over a gray, well I think we all know the awnser, it would go very nice with your chunky gold bracelets...........

:angry: another candidate for the dogs home........

J

By golly I got out the wrong side of the bed this morning!