DDA Scotland Amended

I read yesterday that the Dangerous Dogs Act, Scotland has been amended to remove specific breeds and make it apply to any dog that is not under proper control. Anyone know any more about this? Sounds sensible to me but I can't imagine any politician doing anything sensible.

Ric

You dont need permission slips in Scotland I'm not saying they are not useful but they are not a legal requirement as all our pest control is carried out under the exemptions placed into the Protection of Wild Mammals (Scotland) act.

I know Scotland is different, It doesn't affect me so I'm not really bothered, but this legislation isn't about easing restrictions on specific breeds, it's about placing them on all breeds... Now it doesn't take a genius to work out how this could be used against someone who's dog is caught chasing something it shouldn't be...

You dont need permission slips in Scotland I'm not saying they are not useful but they are not a legal requirement as all our pest control is carried out under the exemptions placed into the Protection of Wild Mammals (Scotland) act.

I know Scotland is different, It doesn't affect me so I'm not really bothered, but this legislation isn't about easing restrictions on specific breeds, it's about placing them on all breeds... Now it doesn't take a genius to work out how this could be used against someone who's dog is caught chasing something it shouldn't be...

And we all know scotish law is a testing ground for english law! So if it works we can expect similar south of the border...

I read yesterday that the Dangerous Dogs Act, Scotland has been amended to remove specific breeds and make it apply to any dog that is not under proper control. Anyone know any more about this? Sounds sensible to me but I can't imagine any politician doing anything sensible.

Ric

Imo it is a way for them to be able to control ANY dog. Anyone's dog can be investigated if 'someone thinks' it to be dangerous. A very dangerous law for working dog owners imo.

Ric

Imo it is a way for them to be able to control ANY dog. Anyone's dog can be investigated if 'someone thinks' it to be dangerous. A very dangerous law for working dog owners imo.

:thumbs: I believe this too moll it's just another form of control :yes:

this is very interesting basically the so called '' professional '' bodies were asked questions & heres how they answered.. you have to scroll down a bit to get the q&a bit

But ones thing I am happy about is the general feeling amongst these bodys regarding your home being classes as a public places was 63% against this being made law

http://www.defra.gov.uk/corporate/consult/dangerous-dogs/101125-dangerous-dogs-responses.pdf

I whole heartedly agree with deed not breed....but what would be covered by 'deed' what would they class as out of control?

Thinking again along the lines of working dogs.

You are out for a walk with your dog, dogs off the lead all well behaved listening to and obeying commands. Another animal jumps up, your dogs take off after it, dogs now deaf to all commands. Your dogs are now 'out of control'....for the majority of us anyway, unless you are lucky enough to have a dog you can recall off prey. So now, not only can they prosecute you for breaking the hunting act, but also for having an out of control dog.