Camouflage

Thanks Davey, makes the £4 thing seem very second rate, but I cant knock it for the cost to me lol, shopping now!

Lighthunter, no, the damned thing is silent, very slippery fabric, very soft outer, no rustle, the must have changed spec or something as this thing is more than whisper quiet, jeans make more noise rubbing together, trust me, it really is silent! Not crinkly nasty anymore, some sort of polyamide fabric I think, very soft and very low friction! I tried rubbing it together but virtually no sound, inside cards say this is a 1990 manufactured suit.

Sudden thought, with Gadaffi having a load of mustard gas about I wonder if I could swop it for a barrel of oman crude???

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i cant say i agree with you all about the nbc suits.

iv been using them for years, yes there a little stiff when new, takes about 5 mins to sort that out, yes you get some black off them, but i dont give a feck about that as i have other hunting gear on underneath.

i cant say that they make much noise at all, deffinatly not like an emptie crisp packet any how,

i pay about 5 quid for them and my last one kept me warm and dry for about 8 years.

ok there not totaly water proof but iv been out in downpoors/-14/two foot of snow the works and have always been dry underneath, its just the out side thats wet, i can never say iv been cold,in fact to warm at times,

for 5 quid there tough as old boots and more than up to the job, you wont ever catch me spending 50-100 quid on some "real tree" jackets..

Andy

Well Andy I am going out in it today, so people will find out how it gets on draped over Mole! I agree with your comments about silence, it is made out of a very fine sort of ripstop nylon. I am quite surprised by it, so I will test mother's surprise purchase, I like the way the hood does up like a balaclava though, must really break the face up! Was fine and warm last night walking the bouncing bomb that is Biggles! Tried a bit of silent walking and there was no fabric noise at all, in fact more noise was made by the Labrador doing a spot of heavy breathing at something interesting in the hedge.

I wonder if you can remove the inner liner on the trousers and jacket to make very light weight summer camo???

not shure about removing the liner, but for the price of £5 got to be worth a try,

your right about the hoods can get my tight around my face so just my eyes are visiable,theres even a little bit that pokes up and covers your nose, grate when the winds howling.

find myn to be very good when it comes to dragging your self through the under growth to, nettals branbles and the likes have no chance of getting to your skin, so your can tuck your self up in some headge bottoms with out the displeasure of being stung/cut to ribbions

like i say iv been wearing these suits since i was a kid and they have never let me down,best part of 20 years.

wet it through and then let it dry in the open air will get the stiffness off.

wear it once or twice and the charcole soon stops rubbing off.

and for god sake dont ever wash it..

all the best with it mole.

Andy

Sorry specs on the suit are...

Suitable for people up to 6 foot 2 inches tall, 30-40 inch waist and chest size up to 44 inches...

If you buy from the guy he is doing buy one get one free lol!

I do not give a darn about the charcoal, I go hunting in old jeans, t shirts and sweatshirts anyway, so who cares, not damaging anything and it should wash off. Stiffness goes in about 5 minutes walking from what I found last night! If I get on OK with it I might order 4 more from him, try modding one for summer wear, and have 3 spares! Dave, if you have ebay click the link and ask the chap, very approachable apparently (can't really say for sure as I never spoke to him)!

Edited by secretagentmole

Had to add this post, I forgot all about this,

I was an mfc on a serach patrol, hunting bunny down

It was in the Hedgerow War on right hand side...

My weapon jammed and I got stuck way out and all alone,

And I could hear the enemy moving in close beside...

Apologies Stan...

Edited by secretagentmole

sounds good to me .....do they do xlarge sizes :whistling:

dave

hi webby1

dont you mean XF

EXTRA FAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tongue2::laugh:

Davy

sounds good to me .....do they do xlarge sizes :whistling: dave
hi webby1 dont you mean XFEXTRA FAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tongue2::laugh: Davy

Wouldent that be EF if you spell xtra with an 'E' :whistling::laugh:

.atb. .ste.