Final hunt for Fluwijntje

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Would you really take her,silent on a wounded fox for over an hour and still could not finish the job,then try draw it with tonges and another dog to train a young terrier,thats why people look down o

Could have all been spared if the gun had the right catridge load in instead of light load.But now he is telling us he had 3 terriers destroyed before he got this next fox,what's he using yorkies.IMHO

You never had a fox on a ledge or round a corner. Can take a lot longer than an hour to kill or shift, in which time the damage can be extensive.   Unless you were there, sweeping statements like '

I only used Fluwijn once a season to just kill a fox if there was no other way it would bolt. The year before, I used her to kill a fox in the (undiggable) earth which didn't bolt after 3 terriers and after the guns had waited for half an hour in between each terrier for it to bolt. Over here, they MUST have the fox. It is considered a pest. Before the last time Fluwijn could kill the fox quickly like her sire Bikkel.

This time, I thought Fluwijn would go straight to business with the fox and then it might still bolt after having freed itself from the dog. Also, I thought that the dog if wounded, would come out. Both these (expected) things did not happen this time. Earth work is different each time, since we are working with living beings.

I managed with not even very hard dogs, to bolt gunshot wounded foxes before, and we work for the guns here so we must keep them satisfied, and so, I tried that first, and I must add that the young dog followed the trail of the shot fox so quickly, the guns ran afterwards and it was in again into the next earth with the fox before I arrived, so I didn't have that much choice there. I called it out when I thought it couldn't shift the fox, and then we waited a while for a bolt, and only later I put in Fluwijn.

If it was all so easy we could only write success stories here. Mostly, after 15 years of earth work, I know and can tell what will happen, and this time it was all different. Also, the vixens in cub are very agressive to the terriers, at least here, and while they seek out very small places from which they attack, it is a hazardous business.

2 days after this hunt, we dug out another one like that, which would have mauled 3 good terriers if I hadn't taken the terriers off it in time. It could have retreated further inside but instead, over courageous, was sitting around a corner when we had dug, waiting for more dogs to chase off, and that's how we got it in the end.

By the way, I only use tongs when I cannot reach the fox with my hands, to make it go faster, and eventually, it was not the tongs but my hands which took the fox out. I can handle foxes well and quickly. The tongs were only used by some helper but he got the dog in them instead of the fox and then I threw them away and caught the fox myself to stop the mess.

But from now on, let us only write about the fox hunts that go as we please, and not the ones we learn from, because things go different from the expected. I've learned from this one to become even more cautious with hard dogs.

And no, Fluwijn cannot learn from experience, her previous experiences were thus (she was quite unlucky in more than one way when she was young) that she is handicapped from now on and can never work to ground again.

Ever time you try to defend yourself you dig your self deeper. In my opinion the terrier world doesn't need people like you, no matter what the laws may be where you are. you should still have respect for your dogs and your quarry. Please leave the hunting world for f**k sake

u would think all the 15 years ur digging u would have a decent terrier that would manage a fox on its own the more u write the worse ur dogs are getting

I agree his dogs sound an even bigger shower of shit now :blink:

Good post mate, good to hear digging posts from lads over seas, the laws abviously different over there so dont no why people are having a go at you, if thats how you do it over there crack on i personaly dont care. And alan626 why post such a stupid comment, make yourself sound like a cunting anti ffs.

its the likes of this stupid story that gives the antis a better hand he talking about how he bolted a fox then shot it but it still got away but managed to track it again sent in a terrier that gave it stick for 20 mins that came out so sent in a hard terrier that draged the fox around the den for an hour before they broke trough on top of the terrier, then he talks about trying to pull it out wit a set of tongs and that doesent work so lets a couple of young terriers have a go before the fox is killed. could he not just say had a dig today fox humainly dispatched and the pups had a rag,instead of telling every body of how in experenceed him and his mates are ,, im not looking for a row i think he could have worded it better

I see where ya coming from, but if the laws different in his country why should he have to lie because of what people in britain might think, anyway not argueing about it. :thumbs:

Its not the laws in his country that are in question here,its his MORALS

Could have all been spared if the gun had the right catridge load in instead of light load.But now he is telling us he had 3 terriers destroyed before he got this next fox,what's he using yorkies.IMHO he should destroy all he has and start again,cause any terrier that is to grips with a fox for an hour and cant do the job is not worth keeping,and these dogs that go to ground in undigable places how is he geting them bach out.Iknow if any of mine or my diging mates were to ground they would have to be dug unless a kill or bolt and that is in no way bragging just fact.

• Like 3

Could have all been spared if the gun had the right catridge load in instead of light load.But now he is telling us he had 3 terriers destroyed before he got this next fox,what's he using yorkies.IMHO he should destroy all he has and start again,cause any terrier that is to grips with a fox for an hour and cant do the job is not worth keeping,and these dogs that go to ground in undigable places how is he geting them bach out.Iknow if any of mine or my diging mates were to ground they would have to be dug unless a kill or bolt and that is in no way bragging just fact.

You never had a fox on a ledge or round a corner.

Can take a lot longer than an hour to kill or shift, in which time the damage can be extensive.

Unless you were there, sweeping statements like 'he should destroy all he has and start again' are completely backward.

Just my take on the matter.

FTB

• Like 3

the first dog i ever seen dug to was a yorkie x ,and she generally killed her foxes(the other half of her was trialling staff x russell)-i got a daughter out of that bitch when i was 9 (my first terrier) and i was still digging to her when i was 22..Im sorry i dont have anything down from her now.The yorkie that that bitch was out of worked fox as well.(something i always keep in mind when i see posts from people on here with their shithot foxdogs)

Yes FTBive had fox in every situation you could imagine,but he claimed this bitch was so hard it could finish easily and this is after another dog or dogs been with it first,AND its have dead because it has been shot and when he finally got it out he was gona train young terriers or should i say BAIT.Now im not one for laws but that kind of behaveir gives all terrier men a bad name.If he could grab the fox with his hands or tonges why not shoot it and put and end to the thing,out right cruelty and that my way of looking at it.FM

• Like 1

Like to read some of the stuff on ere now and again and don't get me wrong I don't claim to hold world beaters what I have suits I don't even no fat man but ftb read what he's saying and that's spot on in my eyes to the lads topic that many dogs guns charlies on ledges corners f..k sake it's a fox just stick untill dug

Like to read some of the stuff on ere now and again and don't get me wrong I don't claim to hold world beaters what I have suits I don't even no fat man but ftb read what he's saying and that's spot on in my eyes to the lads topic that many dogs guns charlies on ledges corners f..k sake it's a fox just stick untill dug

Yes...absolutely.

But kill it under an hour?

No matter what the circumastances?

Nah, thats macho bullshit.

If he was there and then made the comment then fair enough, but he wasn't. Its really easy to criticise sitting at the desk scratching your bollocks.

And it all looks good on paper, and impressive aswell to those of you easily influenced. But in reality it doesnt always work out the way you planned.

:thumbs:

FTB

• Like 2