pike fishing today

Me and my dad went fishing today in bath, we tried two locations. The first was the weir pool in batheaston which we were told was a good spot for pike. Unfortunately nothing happened so we moved to a place 5 minutes away called newbridge, its meant to hold some very good size pike so we thought we'd give it a go and it payed off.

my dad caught this on a trotted roach deadbait

dadspike.jpg

I also hooked a pike which was slightly smaller but it managed to unhook itself , i hooked it on lamprey when i got caught up in a tree and the bait was still in the water.

mattfishing.jpg

we tried a few different baits including roach, herring and lamprey.

cheers

matt

cheers for the replys , im not able to go this weekend but i think i am going to do it again next sunday. going to get some dead baiting gear in the week as we were using our spinning gear. whats the best all round dead baiting rod?

cheers matt

cheers danny, ill take a look at the greys. i think im going to pop into veals in bristol which is a fantastic shop, their really helpfull in there so i should be pointed in the right direction.

cheers

matt

Hopefully they point you in the right direction then mate, let us know what you end up getting :victory: