bought hob ferret, wantin bit ov advise

How do OZ Folk will be a bit pissed off with another bloke turning up with new ferrets and no clue about them. When you see it as much as us on here you can understand why.

You should have read up before buying, but hey ho, it`s done now.

My advice is to spend the next 24hrs reading this forum and learning,, it`s all here ,just find it :thumbs:

Once you`ve done that,,then come back to find out about what you missed

Good luck

ATB

• Like 1

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wood never go out and get any sort of pet if i new fekall about it but how can you not be shur what to give it to drink :thumbdown:

im gessing you got it from a petshop and did thay not make shur you new how to lookafter it bfour thay sold you it no animal can urvive without water

Edited by dpb82uk

How do OZ Folk will be a bit pissed off with another bloke turning up with new ferrets and no clue about them. When you see it as much as us on here you can understand why.

You should have read up before buying, but hey ho, it`s done now.

My advice is to spend the next 24hrs reading this forum and learning,, it`s all here ,just find it :thumbs:

Once you`ve done that,,then come back to find out about what you missed

Good luck

ATB

What ?

i no to give it water am not thick. Read the txt u muppet. Wantd to no milk or water u plonk. Theres sum rate clowns on here

Think you're one of them to be honest dude. You say 'i no to give it water am not thick' but your first question was what to feed it and give it to drink! These are the most basic of things to know before buying any animal surely? These two simple questions could have been asked to the person you got them from before purchasing. To come on here with the attitude you seem to have will get you nowhere and you won't make many friends. There are some extremely knowledgeable people on here all willing to help so i suggest you take in the advice thats given, i hope for your ferrets sake that you do.

ATB

do you know what makes this matter all the worse, this bloke is after more ferrets!!!! he says "a Gill (jill) is on the cards" which is all good and well but considering the questions about what to feed them is a bit worrying, but to top it all this blokes on here saying he would love to take 3 x hobs off a man, jeez would it not be better to concentrate on the one he has for awhile till he gets the hang of things????? :thumbdown:

All this pish and bitching aside. The ferret needs keeping in a decent sized hutch with room to run about and excercise, as well as a sleeping bit with straw, shredded paper. The rest should have a layer of shavings on the bottom. Feed it either ferret dried food, or meat, either rabbits etc or just buy some cheap chicken thighs or wings or whatever. Give it fresh water in a bottle tied to the cage so it cant knock it off. It will shit in one cornor. Clean it regularly. Handle it lots so it gets used to you and stops biting. Feed it everyday. Make sure the cage is secure. Keep it warm, but not too warm, dry and draft free. Thats about it.

do you know what makes this matter all the worse, this bloke is after more ferrets!!!! he says "a Gill (jill) is on the cards" which is all good and well but considering the questions about what to feed them is a bit worrying, but to top it all this blokes on here saying he would love to take 3 x hobs off a man, jeez would it not be better to concentrate on the one he has for awhile till he gets the hang of things????? :thumbdown:

I don't understand some folk, lad hasn't got a clue how to look after the one he's got, and he's thinking about breeding them.. :doh:

All this pish and bitching aside. The ferret needs keeping in a decent sized hutch with room to run about and excercise, as well as a sleeping bit with straw, shredded paper. The rest should have a layer of shavings on the bottom. Feed it either ferret dried food, or meat, either rabbits etc or just buy some cheap chicken thighs or wings or whatever. Give it fresh water in a bottle tied to the cage so it cant knock it off. It will shit in one cornor. Clean it regularly. Handle it lots so it gets used to you and stops biting. Feed it everyday. Make sure the cage is secure. Keep it warm, but not too warm, dry and draft free. Thats about it.

You're right to advise pal, if his replies to posts weren't so arsey maybe more would have had the patience to do it. :thumbs:

wood never go out and get any sort of pet if i new fekall about it but how can you not be shur what to give it to drink :thumbdown:

im gessing you got it from a petshop and did thay not make shur you new how to lookafter it bfour thay sold you it no animal can urvive without water

I used to see this about 80% of the time when i worked in the pet trade, i would often refuse sales....although alot of other staff wouldnt. People just buy animals because...well they can but whats done is done and all we can do is help to educate

I don't understand some folk, lad hasn't got a clue how to look after the one he's got, and he's thinking about breeding them.. :doh:

You're right to advise pal, if his replies to posts weren't so arsey maybe more would have had the patience to do it. :thumbs:

Aye he might be a bit . . . :doh: But he does have the ferret and needs to be given the info to look after it properly. At least he asked, and by getting into a slagging match he is just going to sign off and go about looking after the ferret very poorly. Once the info has been given and taken there is plenty of time for a fight. And anyway, giving someone shit on here isnt going to change the nature of this world.

it is true that if he keeps gettin stick he will ignore this forum(which contains everything to know about ferrets/keeping them through all it's members)and attempt to do it how he sees fit,which may be totally wrong,it probably does frustrate people to see these type of posts but surely a bit of guidance is better than an earhole bashing,constructive critism is helpful in the right dose but we need a balance,do we not?if we can take the time to post then maybe have a moan and give advice at the same time?for the ferrets sake if nothing else because ultimatly there will only be one loser...