Lurcher VS Whippet

Hi guys,

by the looks of things im going to give Hancock Lurchers a call they seem to have a great reputation!

And they're only two and a half hours down the road.

Anyone know their prices roughly? PM please

Thanks

ATB

NWH

If your serious about getting a lurcher and meet the criteria.........I'll gift you a pup out of a litter I'm planning in about 6 months.You seem like a level-headed lad asking the right questions and taking advice on board :thumbs:

The offers there and like you said your not wanting one straight away so time to think and decide........ :thumbs:

Thats a great offer there mate........ fair play to you Johnny :thumbs:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My father in law worked and bred whippets. He used to call my lurchers "mongrels" and generally take the piss (! as father in laws do!!)   5 years later he doesn't own one whippet - but has 4 lurche

lurcher all the way

What an open question mate.   What do you want from the dog mate? Daytime mooching and lamping? Just lamping? Ferreting?   Assuming you want something small? What sort of ground do you run? Big fi

Posted Images

a purpose bred lurcher will go alot further than one a thoses silly whippet things,and in most cases cost a 1/4 of the price to buy,whippets have had there day and the majority nowadays are scrawny show bred shite.....lurcher all the way

Think you"ll find that whippet ownership is on the increase in the working field and with good reason

I've noticed an increase the last few years(post ban)of people owning Whippets and the few pure breds and whip x's I've seen work have been very effecient at what they do.........effecient enough to earn a place in my kennel :yes: Would I buy one and bring it on.......no.I'd go for a purpose bred lurcher every time as ducky poo said the majority of whippets are show bred shite though there is a minority of good working whippets out there......sadly only a minority :thumbs:

there either scrawny...show bred but almost all of them are shite :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

I'm not a carp ducky poooooooooooooooooooooo :feck::laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

i know your not your welsh ffs :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: johnny sort this boyo out

:laugh: He's beyond sorting out mate.........got to admire his passion......he does have a young whippet thats showing good promise.One of the minority though :thumbs:

Hi guys,

by the looks of things im going to give Hancock Lurchers a call they seem to have a great reputation!

And they're only two and a half hours down the road.

Anyone know their prices roughly? PM please

Thanks

ATB

NWH

If your serious about getting a lurcher and meet the criteria.........I'll gift you a pup out of a litter I'm planning in about 6 months.You seem like a level-headed lad asking the right questions and taking advice on board :thumbs:

The offers there and like you said your not wanting one straight away so time to think and decide........ :thumbs:

that's a fair offer well done :thumbs:

I've noticed an increase the last few years(post ban)of people owning Whippets and the few pure breds and whip x's I've seen work have been very effecient at what they do.........effecient enough to earn a place in my kennel :yes: Would I buy one and bring it on.......no.I'd go for a purpose bred lurcher every time as ducky poo said the majority of whippets are show bred shite though there is a minority of good working whippets out there......sadly only a minority :thumbs:

sorry i disagree with ducky poo most whippets that i know of are working bred,but a couple were show bred and still doing the biz ,its horses for courses depends what your into,what your land is like, but a well bred whippet will give you alot of sport,without the hassle off plod ,i don t own pure breds, but i go out with lads who do and i like whippets, game, jack of all trade dogs very easy to keep.its all down to what you like, at the end of the day atbBB

Edited by barnslyben

Just have both, stops the arguments and the headache. :tongue2: A Whippet SHOULD be able to do the same as a lurcher of similar size, but obviously not going to be comparable to a bigger dog at many things. People also look down at them, but they are a very handy thing in the mix of a good lurcher, so if no one was working pure greys or whips then there would only be shite out there to use. I know many lurchers and lurcherxlurcher and thats the way to go sure, but at the start of these lines, some one needs a whip/grey thats doing the buisness to a high standard - i.e bull/whip, beddy/whip, grey/whip, collie/whip etc etc etc. And i think at the mo your more likely to find a hard working whip than a hard working grey.