• End of cubbing
    • I have no season (or morals)

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

fight the ban its ok trying to be all sporting and claiming that the minute you find your first cubs you pack up for the season unless you have a call out, but how about the lads who cant start until

I quit on monday morning around 9.30, dug to 3 cubs, so i carefully bridged the break through hole with a stone and back filled. game over for me until next season.

same as that.. some of us have permition on commercial shoots,we have this to protect game, game and fox dont mix.   i know,if i chose not to work the terriers all year round,i would be out!

Posted Images

hi ftb...have,nt been out much last couple weeks ,not by choice i might add but work has interfered (new business)new baby daughter also...list endless,but unless i get a call out will pack in end of mth,more or less packed in now due to circumstances spoken about....atb fella....darrell. :thumbs:

hi ftb...have,nt been out much last couple weeks ,not by choice i might add but work has interfered (new business)new baby daughter also...list endless,but unless i get a call out will pack in end of mth,more or less packed in now due to circumstances spoken about....atb fella....darrell. :thumbs:

Congrats about the wean. :thumbs:

Good man.

I am planning to stop next weekend, apart from the usual keepers callouts.

FTB

fight the ban its ok trying to be all sporting and claiming that the minute you find your first cubs you pack up for the season unless you have a call out, but how about the lads who cant start until the shooting has finished as there are many keepers who wont have anyone doing anything until the birds have finished you may be lucky enough to be able to work your terriers from august to end of january and fair play but dont start trying to gauge the terriermen on here because they are still digging in lets say late april, surely the best way to judge a terrierman is how he looks after his dogs respects his quarry backfills correctly and doesnt kill for the sake of killing, not how his sporting calender compares to yours. most people just get out when they can in this day and age mate and who can blame them its getting harder and harder to get work for your dogs as theres loads at it the bull cross lurcher is getting more and more popular imagine how many lads there are going out for a mooch with two or three efficient bull crosses week in week out all season where ever they like it soon has a knock on effect on the amount of huntable quarry on your permission, im not knocking them its just the way it is these days. if its your permission and theres work for the dogs get them out if its in your best interests

• Like 4

fight the ban its ok trying to be all sporting and claiming that the minute you find your first cubs you pack up for the season unless you have a call out, but how about the lads who cant start until the shooting has finished as there are many keepers who wont have anyone doing anything until the birds have finished you may be lucky enough to be able to work your terriers from august to end of january and fair play but dont start trying to gauge the terriermen on here because they are still digging in lets say late april, surely the best way to judge a terrierman is how he looks after his dogs respects his quarry backfills correctly and doesnt kill for the sake of killing, not how his sporting calender compares to yours. most people just get out when they can in this day and age mate and who can blame them its getting harder and harder to get work for your dogs as theres loads at it the bull cross lurcher is getting more and more popular imagine how many lads there are going out for a mooch with two or three efficient bull crosses week in week out all season where ever they like it soon has a knock on effect on the amount of huntable quarry on your permission, im not knocking them its just the way it is these days. if its your permission and theres work for the dogs get them out if its in your best interests

Hey, I aint knocking the lads that have to do the cubbing and what not. I do it on 5 or 6 estates, probably 10 or 15 litters a year. If I didnt, I would not get the winter digging.

But you know as well as I do that there are those who will dig litters irregardless if they are on a shoot or doing farmers harm.

Because lets face it, its a hell of a lot easier than trudging through shite all winter and you know they are going to be home.

Those people are at the bottom of the pile when it comes to respect.

If all you can dig is from February onwards, I dont think any less of you as a sportsman/terrierman , I just feel sorry for you. Maybe you should chin these so called keepers and say if you want your cubbing done you want on once a month come winter time.

I have turned down 2 estates this winter alone who only wanted me for cubbing.

:thumbs:

FTB