when i was young

hi guys i thought id share a little story from when i was young it might intrest some or bore but i thought id share this i first started going out with my grandad when i was 8 years old with him and his dog called buck which was a deerhound x greyhound now i look back he was a right ugly old thing anyway me grandad first just used to take be for a bit of the odd mooch and maybe bring a ferret the odd time nothing special but buck would always have sum sort of kill my grandad never had him on a lead evry where he went buck came no lead he was so well traind but i dont even think it was that they were more like best frends but there is one morning i will never forget my grandad came to my house one saturday and said to me calum we are going to go get a hare in the morning i will come pick you up before first light i didnt sleep a wink that night i had seen hairs in the day with grandad but he would say the first time u see a hare being chased would have to be on a first light i didnt understand this but i trusted him anyway he picked me up and we walked to his permission it was so cold but i was to excited to care we got to this huge field and the light was starting to come thru and bucks ears were standing and eyes watching i said grandad what we doing and he said lets wait here untill we can see the hairs ten minets later light was here and i said grandad theres two hairs in the middle of the field and he said i no i just wanted u to spot them so he said right u and buck slowleystart to walk towards them they must of been 500 yards away so i did buck was just focused on them im trying my hardest to be quiet my grandad usedto make a hiss noise to send buck off so we both walked got a good distance away and buck looked up at me to say were close enuff so i hissed and buck took off and he was turning it all around the field and then just wollop scooped it up and brought it straight over to me and the hare was making that horrible scream it was still alive my granda took it off me and killed it we went straight home after that sadley my grandad died a month after that day i must say it was the best day of my life evrything was just perfect i have a lurcher and a whippet and iv trained them well as they are my first dogs but i will be doing this sport till the day i die this is for you grandad cheers all calum

• Like 12

Great read mate. Thanks

hi guys i thought id share a little story from when i was young it might intrest some or bore but i thought id share this i first started going out with my grandad when i was 8 years old with him and his dog called buck which was a deerhound x greyhound now i look back he was a right ugly old thing anyway me grandad first just used to take be for a bit of the odd mooch and maybe bring a ferret the odd time nothing special but buck would always have sum sort of kill my grandad never had him on a lead evry where he went buck came no lead he was so well traind but i dont even think it was that they were more like best frends but there is one morning i will never forget my grandad came to my house one saturday and said to me calum we are going to go get a hare in the morning i will come pick you up before first light i didnt sleep a wink that night i had seen hairs in the day with grandad but he would say the first time u see a hare being chased would have to be on a first light i didnt understand this but i trusted him anyway he picked me up and we walked to his permission it was so cold but i was to excited to care we got to this huge field and the light was starting to come thru and bucks ears were standing and eyes watching i said grandad what we doing and he said lets wait here untill we can see the hairs ten minets later light was here and i said grandad theres two hairs in the middle of the field and he said i no i just wanted u to spot them so he said right u and buck slowleystart to walk towards them they must of been 500 yards away so i did buck was just focused on them im trying my hardest to be quiet my grandad usedto make a hiss noise to send buck off so we both walked got a good distance away and buck looked up at me to say were close enuff so i hissed and buck took off and he was turning it all around the field and then just wollop scooped it up and brought it straight over to me and the hare was making that horrible scream it was still alive my granda took it off me and killed it we went straight home after that sadley my grandad died a month after that day i must say it was the best day of my life evrything was just perfect i have a lurcher and a whippet and iv trained them well as they are my first dogs but i will be doing this sport till the day i die this is for you grandad cheers all calum