lamping treats

While out lamping do you take water for lurchers when working hard on lamp?,give us a few tips lads? i used to take a squirty jiff lemon, watered down with a bit of honey in while walking dogs on lamp to give them a squirt after a fair few runs.what do you give yours?

no lad they can drink from a puddle if they need to,if they are well kept,well fed and fit they wont need anything else until they get fed when they get home.no need for all the fussing,i'm surprised a lot of ye go lamping at all with all the worrying ye do about it,worse than women ye are.

am not saying they carnt but if you run your dogs very hard all night it dose not hurt to give them a treat or a bit of clean water with a bit of sugar nd salt in it,get a dog to love you it will run better nd try harder,, than one thats not cared for,not saying yours arnt just my thoughts bud,atb mick

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

the lurcher is the athlete of the canine world and is expected to produce the goods over and over again in a single night so to think yhey wont need replenishing is ludicrouse. the amount of energy us

Haha hickey you say ye had dogs years,an ye asking if ye give ye dog a drink hahaha

no need 2 take any water,if you know the land you work you should know a few watering holes,i,ve known for few dogs over heat whilst being out dureing the day and die,so it would,nt be a bad idea if y

While out lamping do you take water for lurchers when working hard on lamp?,give us a few tips lads? i used to take a squirty jiff lemon, watered down with a bit of honey in while walking dogs on lamp to give them a squirt after a fair few runs.what do you give yours?

no lad they can drink from a puddle if they need to,if they are well kept,well fed and fit they wont need anything else until they get fed when they get home.no need for all the fussing,i'm surprised a lot of ye go lamping at all with all the worrying ye do about it,worse than women ye are.

am not saying they carnt but if you run your dogs very hard all night it dose not hurt to give them a treat or a bit of clean water with a bit of sugar nd salt in it,get a dog to love you it will run better nd try harder,, than one thats not cared for,not saying yours arnt just my thoughts bud,atb mick

well lad i keep all bull cross dogs for foxes,they are all fit,well fed,well housed and in top condition,if any of them dont give 100% they are history and thats the way it should be,im lamping foxes a long time and me and friends have our own breeding of racey very hard fox dogs,its ALL about the breeding,not about sugary water lad.

well lad i keep all bull cross dogs for foxes,they are all fit,well fed,well housed and in top condition,if any of them dont give 100% they are history and thats the way it should be,im lamping foxes a long time and me and friends have our own breeding of racey very hard fox dogs,its ALL about the breeding,not about sugary water lad.

oh dear never had to put any of my bullx's down they all did fox 100% game pre ban,must have been something in their water,so your dogs are running and bleeding yet they dont need an energy drink,just a little thought for your dogs giving you 100% can you not give them owt back :thumbs: just rabbits for me now,,good luck happy hunting charlie one eye

Edited by hickymick

Never felt the need to give a dog anything except praise on a night out. The 'treats', as you put it, are the catches a dog makes, because i'd betcha a dog would rather turn its head to another run before chocolate.

!

Always fed last thing at night and only AFTER lamping (never before!!), with fresh water (daily) always to hand. I've always found its more than enough for the majority of nights.

I do carry water in the car always but have hardly ever used it.

If your dog has really run hard, then it would be advisable to look to electrolytes but its rare, especially these days, that most lampers would need it!

Oh yer, and as for any type of squirt bottle, especially between runs, well feck that!! The last thing that any mutt needs when returning from a run and blowing hard is some muppett prising its jaws open and 'jetting' any liquid in..... Put yourself in the same situation, you ain't expecting it, your trying to catch your breath and a jet of some nasty shit fires down your gullet...! Feck knows where it will go?? Disallusioned, disorientated and possibly choking, you'd be expected to be 'ready' to run again??

If everything is taken care of before you head out then, accidents apart, everything should be right till your return. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Never felt the need to give a dog anything except praise on a night out. The 'treats', as you put it, are the catches a dog makes, because i'd betcha a dog would rather turn its head to another run before chocolate.

!

Always fed last thing at night and only AFTER lamping (never before!!), with fresh water (daily) always to hand. I've always found its more than enough for the majority of nights.

I do carry water in the car always but have hardly ever used it.

If your dog has really run hard, then it would be advisable to look to electrolytes but its rare, especially these days, that most lampers would need it!

Oh yer, and as for any type of squirt bottle, especially between runs, well feck that!! The last thing that any mutt needs when returning from a run and blowing hard is some muppett prising its jaws open and 'jetting' any liquid in..... Put yourself in the same situation, you ain't expecting it, your trying to catch your breath and a jet of some nasty shit fires down your gullet...! Feck knows where it will go?? Disallusioned, disorientated and possibly choking, you'd be expected to be 'ready' to run again??

If everything is taken care of before you head out then, accidents apart, everything should be right till your return. :thumbs:

oh dear muppett prising jaws open,,pubs shut is it,stop putting stuff up what i have not done cheap shots,,not true plonker,

oh dear never had to put any of my bullx's down they all did fox 100% game pre ban,must have been something in their water,so your dogs are running and bleeding yet they dont need an energy drink,just a little thought for your dogs giving you 100% can you not give them owt back :thumbs: just rabbits for me now,,good luck happy hunting charlie one eye

you seem to be getting upset lad,don't.i'll do my thing over here catching foxes and you do your thing over there feeding your dog sugary water.best of luck now lad.

you seem to be getting upset lad,don't.i'll do my thing over here catching foxes and you do your thing over there feeding your dog sugary water.best of luck now lad.

not upset bud you are correct in saying you do it your way, i have no hard feelings towards you or your dogs am just trying to get views on some dogs run at light running weights,may need boost but putting it into the right words nd trying to explain so its there to use,hope this explains a bit better :thumbs:

Edited by hickymick

Above is the original post. So mickhick you put up a post asking us for "a few tips" ie advice on what we give our dogs during a night on the lamp and then have a pop at, belittle and shoot down everyone who does give you a tip! Well heres a tip for you: just put thread up saying "this is what i do, i know im right, i dont give a toss what you lot do, your all wrong"!

ALRIGHT MATE A WEE BIT CHOCLATE OR A COUPLE OF C/CREAMS WHEN I STOP FOR T/SMOKE.DONT CARRY WATER THEYLL GETA DRINK OUT A BURN OR NOT DRINK AT ALL.:thumbs:

choclate and dogs are a bad combination,,dont give your dogs any of that shite,,

ALRIGHT WOLFMAN WERE NOT SAYING A BOX OF MILK TRAY

1/2 MARS OR 2 MCVITEIES .TIME YOU WERE SENSIBLE :thumbs:

GROW UP :thumbs:

Above is the original post. So mickhick you put up a post asking us for "a few tips" ie advice on what we give our dogs during a night on the lamp and then have a pop at, belittle and shoot down everyone who does give you a tip! Well heres a tip for you: just put thread up saying "this is what i do, i know im right, i dont give a toss what you lot do, your all wrong"!

why so rude :tongue2: yet no input? :laugh: its only a post,nd it says ,give us a few tips lads,meaning share, not "a few tips" just correcting you magicdog :tongue2:

not sure i understand the question :blink: ,ok my dogs fit well fed and ready to run,fed last thing at night when i get home,anything whilst out,"never"why the need,?

just that some dont feed their dogs before they take dogs out on lamp,then run 30+ rabbits it can take its toll on a dog aswell as the walk home even fit dogs need water dont they? :blink:

who the f**k in their right mind is not going to feed their dog before taking it out,mine get fed last thing at night no matter what,clean water availiable all day,following night ready to run,end of,im not saying they not gonna take a slurp out of a puddle but f****d if im going to carry their water for them

ask other dog lads bud about not feeding them before giving them a run,most greyhounds dont get fed before a race,do you realy own a lurcher,,,come on own up :whistling:

they are fed the night before is what i said,that is classed as feeding before they go out :thumbs:

what a bunch of bitches on here i dont give my dogs water when out they can get there own i do give them bits of insides if theres any going but why every1 like my way the only way forward your all to busy manning it up on here than to get out so you probably all forgot what u do when your out with your dogs if you do give them owt then the lad is asking what if you dont give owt then thats fine as well but it dont mean your dogs better than any other or do you lot think it does

always have a bottle of recharge in the bag just in case dogs that are very fit drink very little water

nice one johnnie,even super fit boxers stop for water every 3 mins, as for choclate in dogs being bad am not sure,but its better than nowt nd i dont think it would hurt a working dog,as much as it would to give it a dog every day that dose nothing :angel: well thanks for your replys.

hckymick :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash: so your gony let the dog fill its self with water then run it dont be stupid... i think once youve actaully done some hard nights with the dogs then comment thl must have the most a holes on the internet