finally! first bunny on the lamp.

well it finally happend, monty got his first bunny on the lamp.

had a couple of runs and i noticed he has started to run wide if they are heading for the hedge, sort of trying to get to the hedge before they do and turning them back out to the field. is that how he is ment to do it?

anyway had 2 really good slips but once again he just dident connect, then the third he turned it away from the hedge twice and lost it into the rough patch were there are a few trees just up the field.

then we hopped the hedge and got into the next field, had a scan and the couple that i could see were right in the hedge and just poped down there holes out of sight. then i had a scan right out into the field and i spotted an eye in the distance around 200 yrds away with nothing around it for atleast another 200 yrds past it i though ide try and walk onto it. i set of walking quickly giving monty the old "weres it at" crack and got him all geed up ready. we got to within 10 yards before it bolted it was sat really tight. as soon as it jumped up i sliped monty and he took chase. he ran it up the field and over the brow of the field just out of the lamp. i thought he`d lost it till all i saw was a set of legs flying threw the air and the tell tale squeel of a bunny! after what seem`d like an age and 2 little stops on his way back he retrieved it back to hand and it was still alive. took him a little while but he did it in the end.

to say im pleased is an under statement, he missed 3 more after that but atleast we finally got 1!

only thing that spoiled the night was i got stuck for over an hour on the muddy track i have to park on and just about wrecked the car getting it out. new exhaust needed for one and i have no idea how the tyres never popped as i flawed it in second for ages.

post-53506-0-50869200-1296948112_thumb.jpg

well it finally happend, monty got his first bunny on the lamp.

had a couple of runs and i noticed he has started to run wide if they are heading for the hedge, sort of trying to get to the hedge before they do and turning them back out to the field. is that how he is ment to do it?

anyway had 2 really good slips but once again he just dident connect, then the third he turned it away from the hedge twice and lost it into the rough patch were there are a few trees just up the field.

then we hopped the hedge and got into the next field, had a scan and the couple that i could see were right in the hedge and just poped down there holes out of sight. then i had a scan right out into the field and i spotted an eye in the distance around 200 yrds away with nothing around it for atleast another 200 yrds past it i though ide try and walk onto it. i set of walking quickly giving monty the old "weres it at" crack and got him all geed up ready. we got to within 10 yards before it bolted it was sat really tight. as soon as it jumped up i sliped monty and he took chase. he ran it up the field and over the brow of the field just out of the lamp. i thought he`d lost it till all i saw was a set of legs flying threw the air and the tell tale squeel of a bunny! after what seem`d like an age and 2 little stops on his way back he retrieved it back to hand and it was still alive. took him a little while but he did it in the end.

to say im pleased is an under statement, he missed 3 more after that but atleast we finally got 1!

only thing that spoiled the night was i got stuck for over an hour on the muddy track i have to park on and just about wrecked the car getting it out. new exhaust needed for one and i have no idea how the tyres never popped as i flawed it in second for ages.

how old is the dog?Do you know its breeding? its a great feeling :thumbs:

Good lad Jenks.I give mine his first runs on lamp last the other week and his first catch was a grouse closely followed by 5 bunnies then lamp f****d up so had to head back and i must admit driving home i had a little bonkon.Hoping to get back up the place soon as place was alive with rabbits :thumbs: