Sign in to follow this  
dave1979

catapult

as title really,,,remember as kids having home made catties and taking the odd tree rat and woggy hen,,

hmmm when i was younger i went everywhere with a catty in my pocket even school so most things rabbit,rat,woodies and the occasional school bully angel.gif

atb

Ross

I got a pidigion in the local grave yard with my home made with single flat bands

What are them flat bands like I've never used them?? Gotta try them soon though make up a few prongs that will take them or try any way :)

Atb

Ross

I've taken a Grey Squirrel and two small Pigeons with slingshots. They're quite hard to be consistently accurate with and take about as much time and effort to become proficient with as a traditional bow does. They are however surprisingly powerful, a friend chronograph-ed, the one I used to take a squirrel, at 80 meters per second!

I use 9.5mm ball-bearings and .44" caliber lead shot for my ammo, the former I can get around 8 ft/lb of energy from with a very light draw, the latter over 16 ft/lb! :thumbs:

I do a bit with the catty,bog standard milbro/black square.

SDC10447.jpg

100_0598.jpg

A homemade chesnut fork with round laccy.

100_0522.jpg

wow thats good shooting,try the thera bands mate :thumbs:

whats the best caty to buy i had a go wi one of those diablos and a black widow at a game fair (any good)

they are way to bulky mate ,what you need is a hunter catapult,fits in the pocket easy and discreetly, shoots at 18ftlb energy,that's 210feet per second,i have killed even big game with one,but mostly smaller stuff.

DSC01185.jpg

DSC00699.jpg

DSC05010.jpg

DSC04365.jpg

DSC04283-1.jpg

whats the best caty to buy i had a go wi one of those diablos and a black widow at a game fair (any good)

them thera bands are spot on make your own with them on,i will be making some shortly cheeper than most :whistling: