Newbottle Ratting

:clapper: Hi all not posted in a while cos of the weather, work, and not had the time to shoot, but finally got something to say . I changed the HW100 at A & M Customs for a Daystate mk4 as i had being toying with the idea of a s400 mpr which i had already put a deposit on, but Ady showed me the mk4 and i was sold, i asked him to put one of his twinks on and got a new bipod on, if anyone doesn't know Ady he is a proper nice chap i could of stayed there chatting all day and yes yes some people say the Daystate are all bling but for me its very good gun and will do both vermin control and HFT only thing is i can't blame the gun anymore!!

Anyway an old friend was staying this weekend, also my nephew Owen so it was going to a good shoot fest. Owen was shooting my HW97 and Ric was shooting his s410tdr. The afternoon consisted of plinking and a bit of rabbiting Owen getting shot of the Day with two rabbits and grouping as good as me and Ric don't you just love it when a 12 year old out shoots you!!:doh:

Saturday we dothed the night vision to go and give the Rats some s**t went out at 8ish it took Ric a little time to get use to walking around in pitch black not knowing the lay of the land but that didn't last long he was knocking them off all over the place. Me and Owen shared my gun with the Daystate performing well only thing is i may have to get a different mount as i was unable to use the multishot but was not a big issue once we got used to it. By 10 O'Clock the farm was looking like a massacre i was letting Owen have a good shoot ,he was in one of the sheds shooting with Ric when i came up behind and grabbed his leg well, talk about jump! i could not stop laughing but in retrospect it was a bit cruel he got a bit upset and he did well not to launch my gun into the pigs but still was funny. Sorry Owen.:laugh:

We called it a night a 1 ish and started to clear up when we saw one dart under a pallet, i grabbed the 97 looked down, poked the gun under just about to the trigger when the f*cker ran out up over my legs and over my shoulder to say i screamed like a girl, and dropped the gun Owen was smiling so i think he got the last laugh and rightly so. The rat count was 23 with about another 10 ish we couldn't get to so a good little haul and a real good nights fun.:icon_redface:

IMAG0016-1.jpg?t=1296397250

IMAG0020-1.jpg?t=1296399349

IMAG0022-1.jpg?t=1296399349

Thank again to Owen and Ric real good weekend

mark

• Like 2

Nice write up Mark and the new rifle looks the business.

A very nice haul there of rats too buddy.

Good to see that Owen is still doing well with his shooting.

That lad has got some raw talent. I saw that when I took him with me for them 2 days over Christmas.

As I said before there will be a lot of upset adults at Davys meet when Owen shoots against them LOL.

Glad Im not going now, cant be beat by Laura again and a young 13 year old LOL.

Regards

Si.

Edited by zini