new sights or new mounts? please help

davep1

HI ive bought a new pcp gun, but every time i use it i have to zero it back in is there anyway I can sort this out? can I buy some mounts to sort this or will I need to get new sights. thanks for any advice. dave

Edited by davep1

If the mounts are tight sounds to me like the the scope may be knackerd, I am no expert tho mate, obviously if it gets knocked ect that could be a cause, once zerod does it stay zerod for a whole session?

this maybe a silly question but do you always zero at the same range?

.atb. .ste.

Sounds like the scope's very faulty if the rifle's new. You can very easily overtighten Allen screw scopemounts and crush the scope tube out of line.

The only possible cure is to set the scope as truly centred as you can in the mounts on the rifle and "Anchor" the scope by cementing it into the leading or front mount with a strong Arraldite epoxy adhesive. This is a measure to combat scope-swivel or rotation in the mounts on rifles with a heavy snap-recoil. It works fine and keeps the scope in place and makes accurate zeroing easy. Being cemented to the front mount enables you to keep the scope centred while the rear mount is loostened to adjust the eye-relief. The downside is the anchored scope will be permanently set to that one rifle and will probably appear to cant over, off-true centre when mounted to another gun.

In this case, it may help keep a possibly deformed scope in enough of a line-true within its sphere of adjustable zero and help keep accuracy.

Either this or the waste bin I fear.

Simon