my 18 week old ess

crackin dog you got mate ;) il be using him on the beating line so flushing and picking etc also picking rabbits shot with my 22. , what do you reckon about taking him ferreting? some people say getting them used to game early ruins them? but think hed be okay ferreting? :)

I think its personal preference,some people don't want them chasing things others want to work them as much as they can.I try and get what I can out of her as im no expert and I still want to have her as a shooting "companion".I think were on the right road. :thumbs:

post-31547-0-50901900-1296080648_thumb.jpg

yeah if i took him out for a day i wouldnt let him chase bolting rabbits and that just like marking holes :) hows your dogs training coming on mate? what commands you got him taught?

Shes coming on but its not easy with these dark nights.She recalls and sits to the whistle,and will wait,sit and lay down to hand signals, when shes by my side.If we go for a run up the park or out for a walk she has a collar on,I then take it off if we go out in the field for training.Some days she can be very obliging others completely hopeless,but I do think she knows what is work and what is play.