Spaniels??

you have to ask yourself what sort of work will the dog be doing sitting at a peg with a few retrieves or beating(even this work can be easy or hard going )wildfowlind sitting and then water work or hunting for two or three hours at a time flushing and retrieving.for my money i have ess to work and shoot over .horses for courses as they say .

i currently own a cocker bitch which is tiny [flea bitten]in colour she is 2and a half years of age and can put my hand on my heart and tell you she will work none stop all day and pick up too nothing is too much for her .the only down side to a small cocker is they tend to struggle with large game ie hares geese every thing else is fine for a cocker but word of warning to would be buyers is take your eyes off them for a second and there away scurrying about looking for game .ps this is the 1st gun dog ive owned and have enjoyed every second with her

post-57910-0-45551600-1296747681_thumb.jpg

i currently own a cocker bitch which is tiny [flea bitten]in colour she is 2and a half years of age and can put my hand on my heart and tell you she will work none stop all day and pick up too nothing is too much for her .the only down side to a small cocker is they tend to struggle with large game ie hares geese every thing else is fine for a cocker but word of warning to would be buyers is take your eyes off them for a second and there away scurrying about looking for game .ps this is the 1st gun dog ive owned and have enjoyed every second with her

so determined are these mighty dogs if they can,nt pick it up they,ll drag it rather than leave it, ya can,nt beat a bit of debate !!

nice brittany ,,,does it point?.....do they hunt in the same style as the other spanials?

He does point,very strong point with pheasant and woodcock,with other game it is more of a stop with paw slightly lifted,or just stopped and glancing at me,you get to read the body language.

Mine will go into the rough,but unlike other spaniels does not pile in but works his way in using his nose to locate game but is very thorough and areas can be done at a surprising speed.

He is a very good retriever,and and never ceases to amaze me by finding that pigeon that crashed into the woods,and if he can smell it he will not give up until he gets it,i thought he was injured when he failed to come out of a small wood when looking for a pigeon,normally he is straight back for the whistle,so i went in and found him bouncing up and down with a pigeon stuck in a fork of the tree about 10 feet up,he was trying to run up the tree.

Brittanys are very strong dogs,and have powerful shoulders on them and a big chest,mine will work all day,and still have fuel in the tank.I like it that they are not as manic as ess,they seem to use their brain a bit.

But like all spaniels if there is mud ,shit or water out there mine will find it.Mine is used for rough shooting with shotgun and rifle,is great not having to walk 100yds for a rabbit when out with the hmr,and i use him when decoying as a hide dog.

His name is Jake and he will be 3 in two months.

Here is a quick video that i took last month, i took a woodcock in a cut,he saw it go down so it wasn't a hard retrive,and i only thought to film it when we were about 50 foot away.Brittanys excel at woodcock they seem to be tuned into them and get straight on the scent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9l7LJyO5Xls