Run ins with the law and keepers yrs ago to now

labtasti your showing youre niaevness early eighties dragged nets on stubble early sep bfore first frosts freinds caut pheasants in them had several pheasants on ground , carragh ive heard a empy tin of cymag whatever that is would get them livend up lol or get some salmon heads from fishmonger thyell sit all nite for that ive heard mate

More a patridge thing that surely..........not saying you wouldn't get any, of course some would come of roost early but the vast majority wont be. I'd find that a strange thing to do to get many numbers of pheasants when roost shooting them would be more effective. Whatever the case its still worth 2 barrels at about 80 yards......

You love it Lab :laugh: reel em in

I'm deadly serious........... :laugh:

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Classic... Out right bragging about stealing someones ferrets......low as f**k

Its hard to be careful when the bloods up and it wouldn't be the first time I have steamed in and realised I was proper outmatched thats when it pays to calm down accept what the lads are doing ain't

I,ve had many chases, and few court apearences for poaching. It was back in my teens mostly, I'm 44 now. 1983 Got caught with 2 rabbits and a lamp. one lurcher. coming out a field. 2 old bill. Nicked

Posted Images

thtas a bit much mate mind you guy could had got in trouble shooting him

The bailiff is long since dead he sorted it for me to work on the keepers rearing field turned out he was a fair man.

Minds't that salt itched for about 6 weeks :icon_redface:

few years ago now, out lamping some fields, farmer approaches on his quad had nowhere to run so just waited on him coming up. he asked what i was up to and i told him lamping rabbits, he said thats fine son come and see me in the morning and went on his way. went to see him in the morning and he had marked out a map of all his land and said it was fine just give him a call before hand :thumbs:

agree with what was said, ive been many places ive not meant to be and no one would have known i'd been there, leave things as you find them and thats half the battle won. :victory:

I got caught by balifs on a brigde with handline, when they asked what I was doing, I told them I was flying my kite, and it sunk in the water. :whistling: They didnt find it that funny. Mad thing was I always caught and released trout.

well i found it funny :thumbs:

Have to say over the years I have chased my share of poachers and their aint many as will stand their ground and have a go, most run like f**k I guess that's why they all wear track suits and trainers :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

where do you work then mate,?they arnt running from you they are runnig from fines cos all law is on keepers side,dont beleve your own bullshite mate?goto local pubs where these poachers drink if your so brave, :big_boss::whistling:

no poacher is running from a fine on this ground I f*****g hate the plod and I don't need them to come and sort a poacher neither do I feel the need to shoot dogs or trash a blokes motor, I have taken my share of beatings in the past ,given a fair few too but fact is poachers run or hide they don't front up to the keeper unless they have numbers on their side.

nice one keeper,,but dont swear your employer dosnt like it? :laugh: now pre ban,If i was on your land hunting rabbits,rats, hares,nd fox,would you want to fight me??your employers birds nd feeders wouldnt last.i would tell everyone your best fighter in area? :laugh: let the nut jobs sort you,the day after your hiding is a good day to poach :thumbs: thank god i ask for permish koker hey,, :whistling: if i got lost in fog would i be mist :boxing::boxing::boxing:

I don't really understand what you mean what doesn't my employer like?

Preban/post ban I couldnt' give a f**k Fact is I don't want to fight no one I like an easy life I like to be left in piece and not hassled by poachers I would like to get on with my job without the thought of having to stay up all night to protect my birds from some thieving c**t in fact I would far rather be at home f*****g the wife I am employed to protect the game on the estate and to do that means I have to confront poachers I would sooner I didn't but that is my job so what do you do?For a fact I didn't make the decision to be a keeper for the fun of chasing folk of an estate that I don't even own.

Another not so comfy fact is that of all the poachers I have ever stopped not one had been to my door to ask permission they just presumed the answer was no guess they just didn't have the balls to come and ask.

I have to admit I have never run from a game keeper all my life and I would never run from one. They have their jobs to do and same as how I like to catch rabbits etc. First time I ever got stopped was near a pheasant wood near ilkly moors. I was only 15 and me and a friend got the train over there and walked about 7 miles. We were heading towards a wood with air rifles in fishing cases when boom. A keeper appeared from nowhere and had let a shot off near us. I told my [bANNED TEXT] to wait there and walked over to the keeper and explained we were looking for rabbiting permission. After the initial aggression he was ok with us and told us to get on our way and never to go back there again. Second time a few years later when I got caught with a rainbow trout. It cost me £20. beer money in his back pocket and he kept my fish lol. 3rd time was up on the Yorkshire dales and what b*****ds. I was on permission when they blocked my car in just after we had got out and started lamping. he demanded we gave him the rabbits out of the back of my estate about 40 of them from some other permission we had just come from. I told him where to go and set off to carry on shooting. Next thing the police pulled up and we had to go all the way to Skipton where they took statements and kept our guns lamps etc until I returned with the permission in writing. The police were not happy at all with the keepers. The 4th time was when I was somewhere I was not ment to be and had 2 rabbits a ferret and only about 10 nets on me. Yes ok I was caught in the act but was not funny with the bloke, did not try to run off. He kept shouting at me while I was trying to be polite. I told him I knew I was in the wrong and held my hands up to it but he just wouldn’t let up until after he shoved me and I decked him. Under normal circumstances I would not have done this but hey he did deserve it. I have never caused damage, slashed tires etc. If I get caught and the keeper does want to sort it out the old fashioned way than I’m happy to oblige and would prefer to sort it out that way. If he is ok with me and asks me to wait while the police get there (I KNOW YOU WILL GIVE ME GRIEF FOR THIS) I will do but I will never run off from no one.

Have to say over the years I have chased my share of poachers and their aint many as will stand their ground and have a go, most run like f**k I guess that's why they all wear track suits and trainers :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

where do you work then mate,?they arnt running from you they are runnig from fines cos all law is on keepers side,dont beleve your own bullshite mate?goto local pubs where these poachers drink if your so brave, :big_boss::whistling:

no poacher is running from a fine on this ground I f*****g hate the plod and I don't need them to come and sort a poacher neither do I feel the need to shoot dogs or trash a blokes motor, I have taken my share of beatings in the past ,given a fair few too but fact is poachers run or hide they don't front up to the keeper unless they have numbers on their side.

nice one keeper,,but dont swear your employer dosnt like it? :laugh: now pre ban,If i was on your land hunting rabbits,rats, hares,nd fox,would you want to fight me??your employers birds nd feeders wouldnt last.i would tell everyone your best fighter in area? :laugh: let the nut jobs sort you,the day after your hiding is a good day to poach :thumbs: thank god i ask for permish koker hey,, :whistling: if i got lost in fog would i be mist :boxing::boxing::boxing:

Preban/post ban I couldnt' give a f**k Fact is I don't want to fight no one I like an easy life I like to be left in piece and not hassled by poachers I would like to get on with my job without the thought of having to stay up all night to protect my birds from some thieving c**t in fact I would far rather be at home f*****g the wife I am employed to protect the game on the estate and to do that means I have to confront poachers I would sooner I didn't but that is my job so what do you do?For a fact I didn't make the decision to be a keeper for the fun of chasing folk of an estate that I don't even own.

Another not so comfy fact is that of all the poachers I have ever stopped not one had been to my door to ask permission they just presumed the answer was no guess they just didn't have the balls to come and ask.

I have to admit I have never run from a game keeper all my life and I would never run from one. They have their jobs to do and same as how I like to catch rabbits etc. First time I ever got stopped was near a pheasant wood near ilkly moors. I was only 15 and me and a friend got the train over there and walked about 7 miles. We were heading towards a wood with air rifles in fishing cases when boom. A keeper appeared from nowhere and had let a shot off near us. I told my [bANNED TEXT] to wait there and walked over to the keeper and explained we were looking for rabbiting permission. After the initial aggression he was ok with us and told us to get on our way and never to go back there again. Second time a few years later when I got caught with a rainbow trout. It cost me £20. beer money in his back pocket and he kept my fish lol. 3rd time was up on the Yorkshire dales and what b*****ds. I was on permission when they blocked my car in just after we had got out and started lamping. he demanded we gave him the rabbits out of the back of my estate about 40 of them from some other permission we had just come from. I told him where to go and set off to carry on shooting. Next thing the police pulled up and we had to go all the way to Skipton where they took statements and kept our guns lamps etc until I returned with the permission in writing. The police were not happy at all with the keepers. The 4th time was when I was somewhere I was not ment to be and had 2 rabbits a ferret and only about 10 nets on me. Yes ok I was caught in the act but was not funny with the bloke, did not try to run off. He kept shouting at me while I was trying to be polite. I told him I knew I was in the wrong and held my hands up to it but he just wouldn't let up until after he shoved me and I decked him. Under normal circumstances I would not have done this but hey he did deserve it. I have never caused damage, slashed tires etc. If I get caught and the keeper does want to sort it out the old fashioned way than I'm happy to oblige and would prefer to sort it out that way. If he is ok with me and asks me to wait while the police get there (I KNOW YOU WILL GIVE ME GRIEF FOR THIS) I will do but I will never run off from no one.

I will never run off from no one......are you ginger bread man :laugh:

I have to admit I have never run from a game keeper all my life and I would never run from one. They have their jobs to do and same as how I like to catch rabbits etc. First time I ever got stopped was near a pheasant wood near ilkly moors. I was only 15 and me and a friend got the train over there and walked about 7 miles. We were heading towards a wood with air rifles in fishing cases when boom. A keeper appeared from nowhere and had let a shot off near us. I told my [bANNED TEXT] to wait there and walked over to the keeper and explained we were looking for rabbiting permission. After the initial aggression he was ok with us and told us to get on our way and never to go back there again. Second time a few years later when I got caught with a rainbow trout. It cost me £20. beer money in his back pocket and he kept my fish lol. 3rd time was up on the Yorkshire dales and what b*****ds. I was on permission when they blocked my car in just after we had got out and started lamping. he demanded we gave him the rabbits out of the back of my estate about 40 of them from some other permission we had just come from. I told him where to go and set off to carry on shooting. Next thing the police pulled up and we had to go all the way to Skipton where they took statements and kept our guns lamps etc until I returned with the permission in writing. The police were not happy at all with the keepers. The 4th time was when I was somewhere I was not ment to be and had 2 rabbits a ferret and only about 10 nets on me. Yes ok I was caught in the act but was not funny with the bloke, did not try to run off. He kept shouting at me while I was trying to be polite. I told him I knew I was in the wrong and held my hands up to it but he just wouldn't let up until after he shoved me and I decked him. Under normal circumstances I would not have done this but hey he did deserve it. I have never caused damage, slashed tires etc. If I get caught and the keeper does want to sort it out the old fashioned way than I'm happy to oblige and would prefer to sort it out that way. If he is ok with me and asks me to wait while the police get there (I KNOW YOU WILL GIVE ME GRIEF FOR THIS) I will do but I will never run off from no one.

VERY HONEST POST RESPECT.:thumbs: DONT GET CAUGHT NEXT TIMES :thumbs:

• 3 months later...

i want to keep this thread going because I loved reading these stories.. so here's my story.

had loads of chases when out lampin with the airgun (never owned a lurcher)..

been chased off a field walking my terrier and a mates lurcher.

only time I've ever really been caught is when me and a mate were walking through a n*b of a gamekeepers wood, loaded with my terrier, cattys, snares, traps, and 2 cock pheasants, when this big fat c*nt popped out from the brush with his fat lab and what looked like an airgun. obviously the game and snares etc. were hidden, but he said "you know this is private property, don't you, you little wankers". obviously me and my mate plead ignorant, then he said "empty that backpack". we f*ckin crapped it, open the bag and show him the evidence, or run and possibly get shot by this bloke's airgun. we chose the latter, and when we ran, this blokes fat lab in hot pursuit, we were running for 20 minutes, when we got out of the wood to find a 4x4 pull up to us, we absolutely bricked it, thinking 'we're f*cked now'. luckily he was only asking for directions :whistling: .

man those pheasants tasted bloody nice.. :tongue2:

ATB bill :thumbs: