URGENT, WANTED A GUARD DOG!!!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You have to be very careful with the wording though. I worked professionally as a security dog handler and anywhere we worked we had to have signs up every 20ft around the boundary. "Beware of the do

Yes Boerboel! But in Great Britain??   THE NUMBER ONE ALL OVER THE WORLD : Belgian Malinois

Posted Images

Looks more like a dogo than a presa x to me that white thing and dont look very greyhoundy neither. Seen a boeboal on not long ago i tampered with the though but she had some pp training and tbh i wasnt about to take on a 3 year old boeboal that i had no clue on how she had been trained. Sure she would have suited your needs though

we owned a boerboel in africa, and they are something else when it comes to guarding. :thumbs:

how come they dont see them as guards here.?I think a good GSD would do a good job, and plus when you bring in a mature dog of any breed more so guarding breed, the temp as got be 100% if you got a young family :yes:

Looks more like a dogo than a presa x to me that white thing and dont look very greyhoundy neither. Seen a boeboal on not long ago i tampered with the though but she had some pp training and tbh i wasnt about to take on a 3 year old boeboal that i had no clue on how she had been trained. Sure she would have suited your needs though

we owned a boerboel in africa, and they are something else when it comes to guarding. :thumbs:

how come they dont see them as guards here.?I think a good GSD would do a good job, and plus when you bring in a mature dog of any breed more so guarding breed, the temp as got be 100% if you got a young family :yes:

when people import them over here from africa they want the show "quality" ones. a farm bred boerboel is worth two GSD's i've owned both.

The one i looked at was more the farm type than show she was a decent shape and size not overly big and heavy , Was from a working back ground and he said she was trained for personal protection but it was an asian bloke and tbh how the hell would i know what prosses the bloke had use to train her. If i had been on a farm or something id have had her but what footage is seen of her she looked like she would be difficult to control when roiled up as she didnt seem to have the greatest obediance just pulling about and then barking on comand then a bit sleeve work with a bloke in a big jacket with a stick. As i say it would never be possible to know exactly what she had been through and realisticly i couldnt have her about withought knowing exactly what triggered her of.

The one i looked at was more the farm type than show she was a decent shape and size not overly big and heavy , Was from a working back ground and he said she was trained for personal protection but it was an asian bloke and tbh how the hell would i know what prosses the bloke had use to train her. If i had been on a farm or something id have had her but what footage is seen of her she looked like she would be difficult to control when roiled up as she didnt seem to have the greatest obediance just pulling about and then barking on comand then a bit sleeve work with a bloke in a big jacket with a stick. As i say it would never be possible to know exactly what she had been through and realisticly i couldnt have her about withought knowing exactly what triggered her of.

to be honest mate theres no need for anyone in the uk to have a boerboel unless they live on a farm. Will upload pic of our boerboel in africa. :thumbs:

you still looking for guard dog mate ? would a rottweiler do ? she is soft as s**t to be honist but looks the part and goes nuts when ever anyone walks up my garden path. the is great with other dogs cat and children to just looks scary and got the bark to go with. intrested ?

Get a load of nasty ole Geese. Bloody things.

The offer of the rotty on the previous sounds a good idea. Great family pet but will have the bark and looks to scare. Even though they might deserve it you really don't want the dog to maul someone. One thing theres always a risk of some sort of backlash from it and secondly it will be a terrible mess to clear up.

How about a gun that shoots rock salt or even better Oven cleaner in the eyes.

i got a bullmastiff from a recsue after we got robbed. soft as fek [bANNED TEXT] me an great [bANNED TEXT] all my dogs. savaged the rotty guard dog from the yard next door after it came wandering, but got hold of a delivery driver one day. paid him off but police got involved in the end an got pts

hey thanks for this guys, hes got some dogs to choose from now, very happy with the help :thumbs: hel calling over 2moro so we can ring a few up and take it from there :boogie:

including the bullmastiffs? :thumbs:

thats what you need.

a bullmastiff.

got 2 myself.

whenever somebody comes near the house,

my boy hector doesnt stop growling.

we cant introduce him to knew people anymore though, got too protective!