best cross for young hunter

rough coated bitch 18-22 tts. doesnt have to be a beddyx whippet but most have this mix, good hare dog rough coated to a whippet gives same with more stamina. better than any 1st 2nd cross beddy whippet, as and allrounder, pure whippets get injured too easily if lamping alot. jmo, ps get a pup for her though.

hi all my littal girl has asked me if she can get a dog she is only 4 so net going to be geting her one yet but it got me thinking what sort of cross i will get her when she older she is alway asking to come out lamping so this is what it will be used for what do you all think is the best x to get

post-15230-0-84157300-1295431050_thumb.jpg

she well keen to get started

smart motor. cant go wrong with a whippet x. this is my lads ferreting motor rides there and back on it plus he carries the ferrets and nets on it and the rabbits on the way back :thumbs:

dscf0238.jpg

He's a lucky little lad, nice one dad :thumbs:

Whippets and injury prone is a myth i run mine on hard rough ground and in woodland and till now have had less injurys with the whippets combined than iv had with lurchers hence why i only keep whippets. Also a rough coat has absolutly nothing to do with stamina or ability best stamina i ever saw in a running dog was a show bred whippet she would run all day ferreting and would still be running about mooching 6 hours later on the 3 mile walk home. I work a hardy black kc whippet and my mate has two beddys a 1st and a 2nd x both broken coated bitchs n ones forever taking nails out and the other is always coming of sore we run the same ground at the same time day and nite.

Im not trying to say buy a whippet there im just saying this is all advice the choice is your own dont be blured by the myth of whippets easily injured yes they will knock and alot are wrecked before there even ready to start and thats why because there entered to early on unsutable ground for pups. If you want a loyal trustworthy dog that will lay quietly on a bed or in the kennel catch rabbits not pull her all over the place get a whippet yes a beddy x will do the same job and be hairy but imo why get a diluted running dog capable of less than the dog its out of only up side to me is the beddy cross is more usefull on game with sharp ends but seing as its for a young girl she wont be running such quarry and it equals out when in my opinion a pure whippet is more suited to long ears for the simple reason the terrier is not a running dog so although ading coat it inevatably dilutes the running dog and therefor speed...

• Like 1

hi all my littal girl has asked me if she can get a dog she is only 4 so net going to be geting her one yet but it got me thinking what sort of cross i will get her when she older she is alway asking to come out lamping so this is what it will be used for what do you all think is the best x to get

post-15230-0-84157300-1295431050_thumb.jpg

she well keen to get started

smart motor. cant go wrong with a whippet x. this is my lads ferreting motor rides there and back on it plus he carries the ferrets and nets on it and the rabbits on the way back :thumbs:

dscf0238.jpg

He's a lucky little lad, nice one dad :thumbs:

he is now ive uprated the batterys from 12 volt to 24 volt it dose about 15/20 mph across field. he loves it you should see him out side shop doing doughnuts he gets some funny looks. its of the road at the min he keeps blowing the gear box :wallbash: he has had 4 sets at £30 a pop so im going to put a new back axle on it and change the motors so it dont have a gear box

• Like 1