middleton terriers

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Everyone has there different look on terriers ..I think terriers should be judged to there own (Type )ie a border should look like a border not a scaled down one.Same as lakies in my eyes and its my o

Posted Images

Guest blackntan
interesting thread i have read all the comments some good and some bad i have a dog outside bred back to nuttalls tarmac on one side and so far it is doing ok the full brother to this dog is owned by my mate and that is doing well aswell this season will see if they are any good i have had a nuttall terrier that was bought direct from brian given to me three yr ago that was killing cats and fighting this dog looked the part and like what was said on one of the threads felt like a lump of lead this dog was a shit bag tried for three month then left with a huntsmen in wales to try in the end it was shot useless springs to mind. a mate of mine breeds lakies bred back to middletons old stuff and i have witnessed a few of them work they work ok but nothing special so far he has a couple of young ones on now that are doing alright but time will tell.as for paying top money for a worker i would pay a thousand pound for a geniune digging dog that would stop all day but i have seen numerous dogs sent on trial that where suppose to be the dogs bolloxs all sent back as shite like black n tan says you pays your money you takes your chance a true geniune hard 100%dog is hard to find i had one and was offered a grand for it which i turned down three month later the dog threw the towel in.the lads into the showing are paying top money for a dog that will never see a hole this is what is spoiling the working terrier.not the lads that geniunely work them if you went to middletons kennels now and said bring a dog to dig with he would more than likley not have one that would go to ground and stay anymore i could be wrong but it is highly unlikley the same coud be said of the likes of john cowan but there will be lads that have both these lines that will stay dogs that have been bred true and not just for looks look in the books middletons old stuff looks nowt like it does today
well said big man, got a pup here with your name on :thumbs:
Guest fell terrier
interesting thread i have read all the comments some good and some bad i have a dog outside bred back to nuttalls tarmac on one side and so far it is doing ok the full brother to this dog is owned by my mate and that is doing well aswell this season will see if they are any good i have had a nuttall terrier that was bought direct from brian given to me three yr ago that was killing cats and fighting this dog looked the part and like what was said on one of the threads felt like a lump of lead this dog was a shit bag tried for three month then left with a huntsmen in wales to try in the end it was shot useless springs to mind. a mate of mine breeds lakies bred back to middletons old stuff and i have witnessed a few of them work they work ok but nothing special so far he has a couple of young ones on now that are doing alright but time will tell.as for paying top money for a worker i would pay a thousand pound for a geniune digging dog that would stop all day but i have seen numerous dogs sent on trial that where suppose to be the dogs bolloxs all sent back as shite like black n tan says you pays your money you takes your chance a true geniune hard 100%dog is hard to find i had one and was offered a grand for it which i turned down three month later the dog threw the towel in.the lads into the showing are paying top money for a dog that will never see a hole this is what is spoiling the working terrier.not the lads that geniunely work them if you went to middletons kennels now and said bring a dog to dig with he would more than likley not have one that would go to ground and stay anymore i could be wrong but it is highly unlikley the same coud be said of the likes of john cowan but there will be lads that have both these lines that will stay dogs that have been bred true and not just for looks look in the books middletons old stuff looks nowt like it does today
well said big man, got a pup here with your name on :thumbs:let us know when its ready pal itt would have to be a bitch though i have to many dogs t the moment im cruising for one big kick off

tell you what lads...im worn out reading all this .

its like this.

if you dont know anyone..who has a decent dog..

if you dont have a clue what a decent dog is..

just forget it ..

there lots of people on here who know all the breeding of every terrier that ever went down a hole...but they still wont help you get a decent dog...they much prefer to slag each other off and argue about who,s got the biggest hardest gamest blah blah blah.

listen kids final bit of advice from an old man...theres them that do...and theres them that talk about it..

good luck .. you,ll need it.

vin.

:notworthy:

Edited by GD Waz
tell you what lads...im worn out reading all this .

its like this.

if you dont know anyone..who has a decent dog..

if you dont have a clue what a decent dog is..

just forget it ..

The dogs are there...but you will never get one !

buy the free-adds take your chance like all the other newcomers have to.. you will probably go and buy a NUTALL/gould/buck/bray/middleton..f*****g plumber dog ! off this bloke who looks hard as f**k .and tell you its parents have done the biz for genertations.. and who are you to question him ? knowing f..k all.. so you will end up with a dog that looks like a bag of shite and will most probably be a bag o shite..unless your really lucky and for some chance the dog beats the odds.

this place and all the other places that a newcomer can possibly buy a dog are full of wankers that are willing to rip you off,quoting names of breeders and lines etc etc.

have personally gone through this myself after trying to get a decent dog.(got one in the end,but i saw loads of wankers before i got the real deal).

the trouble is this... the good stuff never gets sold...it is just passed around within a select few. they do not breed for profit they breed for work..there is some excellent dogs out there...but sadly unless your friends with these people your never ever going to get one of these dogs.

my advice... just forget it.

there lots of people on here who know all the breeding of every terrier that ever went down a hole...but they still wont help you get a decent dog...they much prefer to slag each other off and argue about who,s got the biggest hardest gamest blah blah blah.

listen kids final bit of advice from an old man...theres them that do...and theres them that talk about it..

good luck .. you,ll need it.

vin.

excellent post ! But the part about not being able to buy the best bred terriers will be forgotten as soon as they type "wanted 100% digging dog"

Guest blackntan
well said big man, got a pup here with your name on :thumbs:let us know when its ready pal itt would have to be a bitch though i have to many dogs t the moment im cruising for one big kick off

you have two to pick from al tell you what there out of when i see you, and you have to put that dog across it of yours in a couple of years if it makes the grade , :clapper: Edited by blackntan

the likes of middleton and a lot of 'old timers' DID have good diggin stuff years ago (not to say they have now??)

which leads to onother thread on here... how important are dogs of 20 years ago in your lines??????? i.e Smithy, sparticus etc..

G.Ward... another one, got a bad name now for ''show dogs'', yet he has been there, seen it, done it. But not had a dog for 10 years now

Edited by lakeman
how important are dogs of 20 years ago in your lines??????? i.e Smithy, sparticus etc

Sparticus....... 20 years ago???

It's very important if your terriers are heavily line-bred around the dog.

Guest blackntan
the likes of middleton and a lot of 'old timers' DID have good diggin stuff years ago (not to say they have now??)

which leads to onother thread on here... how important are dogs of 20 years ago in your lines??????? i.e Smithy, sparticus etc

IT all depends on what you beleave and have records been kept , if you buy off people you have known for a long time you will accept there accont of the breeding of your pup how far back it goes is all down to the records they keep or how accurate there memory is, i know men who have written records wich go back 45 years , with dogs being named as made the grade and those who did not, whether its smiffy or iffy its how you your self value the history of the line or type your buying, at the end of the day nothing is garenteed but if the dog works and the bitch works you have a better chance and if you can go back a few genorations even better, but thats only my opinion :icon_eek:

Every dog in every line is important ,dogs of 20 years are only as important as the dogs you have breed and tested and culled from them ,you can breed dogs down from the best in the world but if you dont test and cull them ruthlessly you will still end up with nothing ,its the dogs that are in your kennel today that matter ,to many still shouting about dogs of yesteryear and clinging on to NAMES for the £££££££££££.

totally agree...

sorry lads i think that my last comment was taken out of context.

as long as you don't hold dogs that apear in your lines of yesteryear in too high a regard..it's what they do NOW that counts not what their ancestors did...

my point was that so much blood is now diluted, but still CLAIMED to be there

Edited by lakeman

line breeding is ok so long as you know what is in the breeding of the opposite line. if you put a cracking bitch worker to say a noted producing stud but their is a load of rubbish in the bitches breeding as well, the chanes are very strong that somewhere down the line the shite will start surfacing even though you are breeding away from the bitches line and line breeding to the stud.that is when people start calling that the noted stud is producing shite but it is the genes that have been locked away surfacing give a chance in any breeding.thats why some terrier men turn away any or all bitches that come from outside thier circle of breeding.it lessons doubts and stops crabbing of the dog they are happy with.there,s an old saying that comes from cockfighting its better to breed from a poor bird of good breeding that breed from a good bird of bad breeding. the bad blood will ruin your line somewhere down the line...hear endth the lesson.

Guest boysfaetheblackstuff

lets end the thread here any body that has had or owns middleton bred dogs that work or dont work.... lets see the proof....ie dogs that have went to working homes and not worked !! and dogs that have went to working homes and made the grade.... lets see the proof..!!!!

Everyone has there different look on terriers ..I think terriers should be judged to there own (Type )ie a border should look like a border not a scaled down one.Same as lakies in my eyes and its my own opinion they shouldnt be 10 or 11 inch stuff.A russell should look like a russell not a white clone of a lakie.

• Like 1