Adopted another ferret

So there i was skimming through the free adds when i found a 2 tier ferret hutch for sale for 20 quid due to the lad selling up , bargain thinks i :boogie:

So i give him a ring and pop over for a viewing , i gets there and he's civil enough and said he had had enough of the hunting and just wanted rid of all his animals and gear .

Went out for a nosy at the hutch..... what a f****n disgrace one solitary ferret in their and it was damp and thick with shit :wallbash:

Then i said ( and this is the best bit ) where you gonna put the ferret if i take the hutch ??

Oh i'm just gonna neck it mate :icon_eek:

Long story short , i gave him a 10 for the ferret as i am the worlds softest twat it seems and she is now in with my 3 , she's thin as a rake and i spebt a good half hour cleaning her feet and shit off her coat !!!!

These twats make my blood boil , they treat ferrets as nothing more that a tool you can just forget about when the jobs done , hopefully she will fatten up and come good .

Atb Catch

So there i was skimming through the free adds when i found a 2 tier ferret hutch for sale for 20 quid due to the lad selling up , bargain thinks i :boogie:

So i give him a ring and pop over for a viewing , i gets there and he's civil enough and said he had had enough of the hunting and just wanted rid of all his animals and gear .

Went out for a nosy at the hutch..... what a f****n disgrace one solitary ferret in their and it was damp and thick with shit :wallbash:

Then i said ( and this is the best bit ) where you gonna put the ferret if i take the hutch ??

Long story short , i gave him a 10 for the ferret as i am the worlds softest twat it seems and she is now in with my 3 , she's thin as a rake and i spebt a good half hour cleaning her feet and shit off her coat !!!!

These twats make my blood boil , they treat ferrets as nothing more that a tool you can just forget about when the jobs done , hopefully she will fatten up and come good .

Atb Catch

The poor thing ! I'm right glad she's found a decent home.....good on ya :thumbs:

God knows if it will be a worker its really really small compared to my two other jills , i'll give it a couple more days to settle then worm her and maybe take her up the vets .

I have a feeling that she aint very old looking at her teeth and claws , probably one of last years kits .

it's a real shame people like that have animals,hopefully a real minority,and it's nice to see people care enough to take on extra(albeit not neccesarily wanted)ferrets,a little bit of education would go a long way with some of these people/scum bags,every animal small or large should have the best of care possible should it not??

Edited by web22

Let hope she turns out a good ferret for you ,its still shocking the amount of ferrets kept in these conditions ,and theres even folk whio kill them at the end of the winter and get new kits in at the end of the summer

Atb Catch

well done for rescueing her.hope she turns out good for you. :toast:

funny how that money is much more important to some people than the life of an animal that has worked for them , and fullfiled the vary purpose to which they first got it, what i mean is that he could be bothered to advertise the hutch for sale but not the ferret its self and im assuming becasue the hutch is worth more than the ferret... f*****g nob. im sorry but id have been f****d if i would have given him 10 quid for the ferret, what i would have given him was 2 options, either i take the ferret for f**k all OR i neck YOU twat .....

funny how that money is much more important to some people than the life of an animal that has worked for them , and fullfiled the vary purpose to which they first got it, what i mean is that he could be bothered to advertise the hutch for sale but not the ferret its self and im assuming becasue the hutch is worth more than the ferret... f*****g nob. im sorry but id have been f****d if i would have given him 10 quid for the ferret, what i would have given him was 2 options, either i take the ferret for f**k all OR i neck YOU twat .....

Ay mate maybe i should have just took it , but i just wanted to get the ferret home without a argument so i payed me money and was on me way .

So i've lost a tenner but hopefully midget will pay it back in rabbits , if not i couldnt give a toss to be honest it will have a life with me until it dies , i just can't get over some people attitudes towards a ferret :wallbash:

A good ferret will repay its cost in rabbits easily over a year , i suppose it happens with all working animals to a certain extent weather they be lurcher , ferret or terrier .

You watch this time next year i'll have about 200 of the furry buggers that people want rehomed :laugh:

some people want taking out and shooting(id quite happily do the shooting) ive seen it far to much and its happening more, i belong to a ferret club and we deal with rescues centres throughout the south

Whats the benifits to joining a ferreting club if you dont mind me asking ???