Looking to buy a spaniel

Hi all i am looking to buy a spaniel any springer sprocker cocker its going to be loved and WORKED

i am on a tight buget £150 to £200 £250 MAX if anyone in the worcestershire area or somwhere near i

will travel or meet halfway thanks BIGASH .

Hi all i am looking to buy a spaniel any springer sprocker cocker its going to be loved and WORKED

i am on a tight buget £150 to £200 £250 MAX if anyone in the worcestershire area or somwhere near i

To be perfectly honest with you I would save your money and then start looking.£400-£600 for a decently bred springer.

i agree with the above save a little more and then go and buy a qualiy bred dog, something in the lines of badgercourt or rytex lines,

for 150 more, you'll not regret the extra,

Don't get me wrong some people pay little money for a dog that luckily turns out to be a worker, but its very rare,

My mate had 2 springers trained to the whistle, and on my days off i could take them and work them, he was a little impatient with them and

would hit them sonetimes as they wouldn't know what command he was giving,

the dogs worked perfectly for me and ranged very well, he sadly gave them away but i had no room or time to look after them as i was working shifts at the time,

i hope you find a good working line for yourself, take your time and sort out the wheat from the chaff,

Snap.

To be perfectly honest with you I would save your money and then start looking.£400-£600 for a decently bred springer.

FFS.....so your saying you cant get a decent dog for less than 400 notes........ :laugh:

My advice mate would be to get around some local shoots and see if any litters will be coming up. You'll get to see the bitch work and not a silly piece of paper for money making purposes.....atb :thumbs:

i agree with the above save a little more and then go and buy a qualiy bred dog, something in the lines of badgercourt or rytex lines,

Don't get me wrong some people pay little money for a dog that luckily turns out to be a worker, but its very rare,

My mate had 2 springers trained to the whistle, and on my days off i could take them and work them, he was a little impatient with them and

the dogs worked perfectly for me and ranged very well, he sadly gave them away but i had no room or time to look after them as i was working shifts at the time,

i hope you find a good working line for yourself, take your time and sort out the wheat from the chaff,

Snap.

So it sounds like your mate "gave away" 2 pretty well trained dogs.......thought it was difficult to find a bargain?. If you do your homework it will save you a pretty penny.... :yes:

FFS.....so your saying you cant get a decent dog for less than 400 notes........ :laugh:

My advice mate would be to get around some local shoots and see if any litters will be coming up. You'll get to see the bitch work and not a silly piece of paper for money making purposes.....atb :thumbs:

No Lab that is not what I said... I said £400-£600 for a decently bred dog.. I know this wont guarantee a decent dog but it should help with decent breeding.

Snap.

So it sounds like your mate "gave away" 2 pretty well trained dogs.......thought it was difficult to find a bargain?. If you do your homework it will save you a pretty penny.... :yes:

You can get a bargain anywhere but to find a quality dog at a cheap price is very rare indeed, especially around where i live...

he bought the dogs and trained them at large moeny, they where rytex lines and 2 brothers, worked well as a team...

Snap.

Snap.

You can get a bargain anywhere but to find a quality dog at a cheap price is very rare indeed, especially around where i live...

he bought the dogs and trained them at large moeny, they where rytex lines and 2 brothers, worked well as a team...

Snap.

Sorry Snapshot but i'd have to disagree. A pup doesn't have to have papers and cost a fortune to get a good one. To be fair nobody is going to be chapping on your door offering a good pup on the cheap but if you get onto shoots either beating or picking up there are 'plenty' dogs out there that are great workers and you have to put the feelers out for up coming pups.

Anyway in gundogs its alot to do with the work you put into the dog when you get it, think a few folk see 'top papers' and think the dog will just do it on its own.........wrong!

If its quality ,then look at SALROWBRA gundogs(Yorkshire) website,Some realy nice springers up for sale right now but will cost you £450 each .

I have been looking for a while to replace my old dog and this is one of the best places I have seen .(and I am hundreds of miles away from the place !)

All are health screened ,docked,dew clawed,micro chipped before you get them ,just adds to peace of mind .

It realy depends on how much of a hurry you are in to find one .

And what your budget is .

Don,t be rushed into anything.

The right one will turn up eventualy.

Edit to say that some dogs are advertised as RYTEX FREE ?

Rytex has a bit of a reputation for being a bit wilder than Badgercourt dogs .

BUT ! Inside every Spaniel is a maniac trying to get out ! lolol

GOOD LUCK :thumbs:

Edited by 2434me