How do you make a bi-pod for a springer, or a rest etc. ?

I shoot rabbits on a local farm, i tend to lie down at about 40yards and wait for ages.

I don't want to fork out £70/80/90 for a bipod, apparently you shouldn't put bi-pods on springers anyway.

Has anyone got any ideas/ methods to make a rest or home-made bipod that i could rest my rifle on ?

Feel free to comment.

Thank you for your advice and taking time to read this,

regards,

No-more-rabbits :)

post-50668-0-50208800-1294672268_thumb.jpg

Hi NMR.

I shoot with spring rifle's as you do, low prone from ambush points on my shoot. You don't need a useless bipod that will never work anyway, even if you got it free. You just need to make yourself more comfortable!

I use a realtree cammo shooting seat to support my leading forearm. Set up on your shoot, plonk the seat down and let your elbow sink into it. The seat will ramp up and you rest your arm on a supporting cushion, which in turn, supports the rifle's weight comfortably in your leading forehand. And it stays put in shape until you want to move.

This is the best practical method for shooting a spring rifle comfortably over prolonged periods I've ever been able to come up with. Try it yourself.

ATB

Simon

As the lads have said, anything soft to rest on is far better than a bi (or gay, straight, curious) pod unless you're shooting from the pod all the time.

One thing to watch for though when shooting a springer prone is make sure you've still got a very light and easy hold on the gun. It's easy to take a tighter grip from that position without realising it and that will change your point of impact too :thumbs:

Cheers.

A Duffel Bag stuffed with rags Blimey Tony, not much! I was at school the last time time I saw a duffel bag. With a draw-string top! :thumbs: Thing is though, that would work nicely too I should think.

Simon

funnily enough, i got a home made DPM duffle bag at a christmas fayre last year, and it makes a nice little gamebag!

006-1.jpg

as to a rest, i use a 20ish litre rucky with my waterproofs or a couple of coats shoved in it for zeroing the '95.

cheers, wurz