breeding question

well here's what im wanting to know,

would yous breed off a young bitch that has only been dug to a few times and is showing good signs to a dog that has 6 good seasons under his belt?

now, pups would only be for own use and nothing more.

no smart comments either!

cheers :thumbs:

would yous breed off a young bitch that has only been dug to a few times and is showing good signs to a dog that has 6 good seasons under his belt?

How many digs she had mate? If its something you was really wanting to do n was going to keep all the pups to see how they go then cant really go wrong, only thing I would worry about is how you would feel if the bitch threw the towel in?

How many digs she had mate? If its something you was really wanting to do n was going to keep all the pups to see how they go then cant really go wrong, only thing I would worry about is how you would feel if the bitch threw the towel in?

well its just a query i was wanting to know, the bitch is bred from a good line of digging dogs and pups would only be kept for own use, so it would be no one's loss only me own.

well its just a query i was wanting to know, the bitch is bred from a good line of digging dogs and pups would only be kept for own use, so it would be no one's loss only me own.

Cool mate, probs not the best person to be giving advice but its your bitch n dog, would be a long prosess waiting to see how it worked out but could be worth it in the end, waiting game, best of luck anyways :victory:

Cool mate, probs not the best person to be giving advice but its your bitch n dog, would be a long prosess waiting to see how it worked out but could be worth it in the end, waiting game, best of luck anyways :victory:

ha thanks any ways :thumbs:

hi bm if the bitch in question was a very hard bitch an she was the only bitch of that breeding and you were afraid off looseing her to ground or maybe dieing after a dig then yes but if she working giving plenty tounge then let her have a couple of seasons work first thats imo all the best with her either way

I would yes :thumbs:

ha thanks any ways :thumbs:

If your happy with how the bitch is developing and is off good working parents same with sire why not and good luck to you seen on another thread you had a bit of bad luck

ATB Liam

well its just a query i was wanting to know, the bitch is bred from a good line of digging dogs and pups would only be kept for own use, so it would be no one's loss only me own.think you made your mind up fella,if there for you and digging mates,crack on people breed of alot worse shit dogs not worth a toss so to speak ,good luck.

That's exactly how I would feel! What would you do if that bitch after a season or two would jib!? And you have a few pups out of her about the place, I would worry that the pups might turn out the same way. But saying that but the

time the bitch was tested the dog might not be about! It's the risk you take? If the pup was well breed with a good bloodlines and her family were all well tested earth dogs then I would worry a bit less, also the father would have to be a1 quality and worth to be breed off incase he was lost! It up to you and it's your risk and call!

cheers for the replies lads :thumbs:

has anyone tried what im saying befor?

yeah,bred a 2 year old plummer to her half brother-pups starting to work now.the one bitch out the litter is supposed tobe very good.Dug to a dog out of it today that a friend has,did well.Id about 12 or 14 good digs to the bitch and the dog had seen nothing(he was a bit too big as well but a bold c**t).Theyre about 11 months now.

so id say go with your gut,if it seems like a good idea to yourself then go for it.

Edited by tinytiger