Foxhound x greyhound anyone got one?

Happy lamper

That is a fine looking animal.What do you use her for and how does she work is she noisy?

Cooney

Are you inferring by my ownership of the splendid animal of mixed retriever/poodle breeding named Bob, my very favourite dog that i know f**k all about hunting? i think ive already said i know nothing about foxhounds i think this was partly the point of my post. The very little contact ive had with the very noble breed has been a positive experience.

honestly the predjudice shown against the labradoodle from working dog men is shocking. The lurcher is a crossbreed i have two of them as well. Dont judge a book by its cover Bob is a very useful dog as well as being a canine genius and drop dead handsome.Bob starts work on the grouse moor every August and is such a character and much admired by keepers and guns alike, He works steadily after that on pheasant and fox shoots, and has a special hunting talent we cant discuss.

Yep, when someones makes a statement that most foxhounds are braindead and that their favourite hunting dog is a poodle cross mongeral I think that speaks volumes. JMHO.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And that coming from a man who confesses to owning a ladrador poodle mongeral. You obviously have no experiences of Foxhounds.

All it speaks volumes about is that 1) he doesn't know a lot about fox hounds, which he admitted to and 2) your a judgmental prick - you've never seen Bob work so what right do you have to judge him o

i dont think they are brain dead.. more of a case that they are so driven and stubborn they appear that way, my biggest concern would be that as a breed they are designed to work as a pack not one on

Posted Images

I can't imagine a Foxhound adding anything to a Lurcher breed, but if you insist, then you should use a Fell Hound, which,after all has a good bit Greyhound blood in their lines. And, eventualy, will come back to you !!

Cheers.

doesnt craig nuttalls lurchers have foxhound in them? could be wrong

One thing that always cracks me up is when folks say that foxhound lurcher types would be too yappy behind their quarry. I always get a chuckle out of that cuz nothing could be further from the truth. I grew up around these kinda dogs and I cant recall a single one of them that was like that. Some of the roughest dogs I ever seen in my life were bred just like this.

One thing that always cracks me up is when folks say that foxhound lurcher types would be too yappy behind their quarry. I always get a chuckle out of that cuz nothing could be further from the truth. I grew up around these kinda dogs and I cant recall a single one of them that was like that. Some of the roughest dogs I ever seen in my life were bred just like this.

Dan they were the coonhound X GH your talking about. Also the foxhound they are talking about isnt close to what your running now.

Happy lamper

That is a fine looking animal.What do you use her for and how does she work is she noisy?

Cooney

Are you inferring by my ownership of the splendid animal of mixed retriever/poodle breeding named Bob, my very favourite dog that i know f**k all about hunting? i think ive already said i know nothing about foxhounds i think this was partly the point of my post. The very little contact ive had with the very noble breed has been a positive experience.

honestly the predjudice shown against the labradoodle from working dog men is shocking. The lurcher is a crossbreed i have two of them as well. Dont judge a book by its cover Bob is a very useful dog as well as being a canine genius and drop dead handsome.Bob starts work on the grouse moor every August and is such a character and much admired by keepers and guns alike, He works steadily after that on pheasant and fox shoots, and has a special hunting talent we cant discuss.

Yep, when someones makes a statement that most foxhounds are braindead and that their favourite hunting dog is a poodle cross mongeral I think that speaks volumes. JMHO.

All it speaks volumes about is that 1) he doesn't know a lot about fox hounds, which he admitted to and 2) your a judgmental prick - you've never seen Bob work so what right do you have to judge him or his owner???

• Like 2

i had a collie bull grew to english foxhound, he was a noisey whore.

run full steam with head an inch above the ground.

recall was good, really good infact.

got him to hang around the earths while digging.

but he wasn't from the right stuff and was gutless. as my terrier proved when he latched on to its neck, and got no reaction

We've had this chat before Stroller regarding th e"working world" and odd crosses . . . .. . . Kody is and always will be a smashing bitch, if i could have put a grey hound over her i would have done in a heart beat. What gets me is how many on here harp on about breeding worker to worker . . only breed from tested dogs............ yawn yawn yawn.......

........ then you get a dog which doesn't fit the normal mould and its slated! The fact that it IS a worker has been TESTED and PROVED himself and therefore fits the breeding ":RULES".......... is totally overlooked!!! :blink:

Something different scares many folk, especially the ones with tiny, narrow and uneducated minds. :thumbs:

Fox hounds i think would add something to a lurcher, i would be going for maybe a 1/4. A girl i knew years ago had a foxhound X lab and it was an awesome dog! Just lacked a bit of speed in the field. :thumbs:

knew a chap years ago who bred a foxhound lurcher for running heavy quarry that was clipped with a shot first then lamped , he wanted something that would stay , track at night , and hold ,,not sure how the dog turned out, but the foxhound sire was top dog in the local hunt , he was the meanest, ugliest,most unforgiven animal i have ever seen, head like a bucket, shoulders like a mastiff, who could run all day, very impressive beast,,