Foxhound x greyhound anyone got one?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And that coming from a man who confesses to owning a ladrador poodle mongeral. You obviously have no experiences of Foxhounds.

All it speaks volumes about is that 1) he doesn't know a lot about fox hounds, which he admitted to and 2) your a judgmental prick - you've never seen Bob work so what right do you have to judge him o

i dont think they are brain dead.. more of a case that they are so driven and stubborn they appear that way, my biggest concern would be that as a breed they are designed to work as a pack not one on

Posted Images

Havent heard of this x in a while, i saw a few in the 80s bonny looking dogs never worked one though.

interesting to hear if anyone has this x and what they perform like :thumbs:

ive always thought a bull greyhound with a touch of foxhound "would" have made a good fox dog pre-ban

i cant honestly see them being a brilliant x as most foxhounds are brain dead, but they are so tough its amazing.

i dont think they are brain dead.. more of a case that they are so driven and stubborn they appear that way, my biggest concern would be that as a breed they are designed to work as a pack not one on one which could be a problem if that trait comes out in a lurcher

• Like 1

Carragh

i used to watch a lad and his mate using 1 foxhound dog to hunt out fox in patches of bog land they shot the fox using the dog to drive the fox onto the guns. So they will work singly. i didnt know the background of that particular dog wether it was a home reared pup or a pack animal.

i think their nose would be a bit of a bugger if you were lamping but maybe there is someone on here who knows for sure.

Dont get me wrong i love the english foxhound i dont think there is anymore more handsome work ready dog i would have one tomorrow if the wife would let me. it would have to be a pup but what would i do with it?

Carragh

i used to watch a lad and his mate using 1 foxhound dog to hunt out fox in patches of bog land they shot the fox using the dog to drive the fox onto the guns. So they will work singly. i didnt know the background of that particular dog wether it was a home reared pup or a pack animal.

i think their nose would be a bit of a bugger if you were lamping but maybe there is someone on here who knows for sure.

Dont get me wrong i love the english foxhound i dont think there is anymore more handsome work ready dog i would have one tomorrow if the wife would let me. it would have to be a pup but what would i do with it?

dont know about english fox hounds but my Mrs had a welsh foxhound and used to take it out in the morning before taking daughter to school and it always fooked off after deer no recall whatso ever she would have to drive about looking, go home check the phone back again and regually just pick the bugger back up about 3ish nighmare :thumbdown:

Dont know about a handy cross, but hey there's nothing better than hearing the music im out as much as i can with either a pack or with a mate and his, he uses two hounds to flush to guns and they work well together, sometimes when there are a few lame one hound is used by itself, and does the job it was bred for!

Happy lamper

That is a fine looking animal.What do you use her for and how does she work is she noisy?

Cooney

Are you inferring by my ownership of the splendid animal of mixed retriever/poodle breeding named Bob, my very favourite dog that i know f**k all about hunting? i think ive already said i know nothing about foxhounds i think this was partly the point of my post. The very little contact ive had with the very noble breed has been a positive experience.

honestly the predjudice shown against the labradoodle from working dog men is shocking. The lurcher is a crossbreed i have two of them as well. Dont judge a book by its cover Bob is a very useful dog as well as being a canine genius and drop dead handsome.Bob starts work on the grouse moor every August and is such a character and much admired by keepers and guns alike, He works steadily after that on pheasant and fox shoots, and has a special hunting talent we cant discuss.

Happy lamper

That is a fine looking animal.What do you use her for and how does she work is she noisy?

Cooney

Are you inferring by my ownership of the splendid animal of mixed retriever/poodle breeding named Bob, my very favourite dog that i know f**k all about hunting? i think ive already said i know nothing about foxhounds i think this was partly the point of my post. The very little contact ive had with the very noble breed has been a positive experience.

honestly the predjudice shown against the labradoodle from working dog men is shocking. The lurcher is a crossbreed i have two of them as well. Dont judge a book by its cover Bob is a very useful dog as well as being a canine genius and drop dead handsome.Bob starts work on the grouse moor every August and is such a character and much admired by keepers and guns alike, He works steadily after that on pheasant and fox shoots, and has a special hunting talent we cant discuss.

how any dogs you got pal?

the wife is the official owner of these two but Bob the black one is my gundog the white one is our lasses pet but she works cover like a spaniel absolute demon on birds

Cal2011038-1.jpg

The little kelpie x grew is my ferreting dog and the big Saluki x is my lads

210810013-1.jpg

210810012.jpg

210810010.jpg

210810011.jpg