Just joined, in Iver, Bucks

Hello All,

I've just found and joined the forum. I have a 6 month old working Jack Russell which I'd like to bring on,... have you any advice on training him to hunt?

Anyone on the forum in or around Iver or the M4/M40 corridor? I'd be really interested in any opportunities for airgunning, offroading or training my terrier to hunt!

Clive.

Hello All,

I've just found and joined the forum. I have a 6 month old working Jack Russell which I'd like to bring on,... have you any advice on training him to hunt?

Anyone on the forum in or around Iver or the M4/M40 corridor? I'd be really interested in any opportunities for airgunning, offroading or training my terrier to hunt!

Clive.

hi much work for foxes your way pal i pass through there frm time to time m40 heading to oxford.u say 6 months pal rats,the odd squirrel when its mastered rats then bit work end of shovel let have tug on arse end wat russel,is it worker to worker or one the known names/like gould or somthing

Hi All,

Thanks for the posts. He's a JRTCGB standard dog from a reputable breeder. He's already showing signs of hunting instincts whenever there are squirrels about and gives them a good run for their money. Of course they take to the trees so he's unlikely to catch any. I'll insert a photo as soon as I can work out how to do it, in the mean time I've attached one.

post-57721-0-97302400-1294510317_thumb.jpg

post-57721-0-16589000-1294510612_thumb.jpg

Edited by Deadbang

Hi All,

Thanks for the posts. He's a WJRTCGB standard dog from a reputable breeder. He's already showing signs of hunting instincts whenever there are squirrels about and gives them a good run for their money. Of course they take to the trees so he's unlikely to catch any. I'll insert a photo as soon as I can work out how to do it, in the mean time I've attached one.

what line foxwarren ?

Sorry JRTCGB Linky. For some reason I thought there was a W for Working on the front. Don't know where I got that from, must be going nuts.

Didn't ask the line, suppose I should have, both parents were show champions but I went by look and character when I chose him. He was the pup with the most energy, alert and inqusitive, good physique and wire coat.

Edited by Deadbang

welcome to the site mate, all the best with the pup, what aspect of terrier work are you planning on using your terrier for, if your planning on digging fox dont let him see rabbits or else hell mark them, ive had this problem befor and its a bitch when you break through after hours of sweaty digging to find your dog filling its belly on rabbit lol, i would start him off ratting then try and get out with some experienced lads off here, gain some permission and your sorted more or less

atb ryan

Sorry JRTCGB Linky. For some reason I thought there was a W for Working on the front. Don't know where I got that from, must be going nuts.

Didn't ask the line, suppose I should have, both parents were show champions but I went by look and character when I chose him. He was the pup with the most energy, alert and inqusitive, good physique and wire coat.

which breeder then?

he should soon come on on his own mate just mooch around with him, i aint to bothered about lines myself ive always had russell ive got a dog pup now that i think will be similar to your one but black instead of brown hes only about 4months and hes been doing abiot of bushing by me on the rabbits great to see all the best with him :thumbs: