camo paint

I diddnt use paint I used mossy oak cloth tape and a realtree gun sock. It probably cost me about £25 to do all of it, and I can take it off to clean periodicaly, take it back to walnut and blued metal to sell. I will take a photo tomorrow and try and put it up

I diddnt use paint I used mossy oak cloth tape and a realtree gun sock. It probably cost me about £25 to do all of it, and I can take it off to clean periodicaly, take it back to walnut and blued metal to sell. I will take a photo tomorrow and try and put it up

Cheers mate.

HI mate,

I have done it once on my HW95K.

The best spray paint to use that I’ve heard of is as Buster says Krylon spray paint.

It’s a little on the expensive side if you buy all the colors but very good.

I went for the cheaper version and got some excellent results.

I went to Home Base or a shop like that and bought a

Olive green

Slightly lighter green color

Black

Sand

White

And a primer and a matt varnish finisher.

All in matt and all spray paints that can be used for arts and crafts.

1. Take your action out the stock completely so you just have the stock in your hands.

2. Suspend the stock in the air at head height on some wire or thin string.

3. Rub your stock down with sand paper and wire wool.

4. Spray the stock with the primer and let it dry. Do this about 3 to 5 times so you have a real good primer base.

5. Spray the whole stock with the black spray and allow it to dry. Do this 2 times.

6. Using green color spray diagonal lines at random distances along your black stock. Allow to dry.

Get another color and do the same thing.

Do this with all the different colors allowing to dry each time until you have the pattern you want.

Then use the finishing varnish spray 5 times to give the cammo some protection.

Job done.

post-2627-0-46453600-1294310239_thumb.jpg

post-2627-0-03064500-1294310283_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

this is my tx200 i did mine years ago. i sanded it down then ruffed it up with wire wool then gave it a couple of coats of primer then hand painted it with oil based paint let it dry then put a few coats of lacquer on it. job done :thumbs: its not the best job in the world but it dose for me.

dscf0346.jpg

I used car spray paint on one of my old air rifles. Just sand the wood down to get any top coat or varnish off, then primered it with car spray primer, then I gave it a base coat of dark green. You can lay leaves and stuff on the stock, then spray over them, then remove the leaves to give you a really nice camo looking finish. If in doubt, practise on a cardboard box first to get the hang of spraying.

Once you have a result you are happy with, a few coats of spray lacquer will finish it off and protect it.

Ive used the same technique on guitars and all sorts of things with good results.

me and my mate have just got new rifles and were considering camming them up, however, in my opinion i wouldn't. merely for the fact that something could go wrong or it wont come out as well as you think. there are rifle sleeves that cover your rifle available, same as camming up but you can pull them off if needs be.

hope this helps :gunsmilie:

I haven't gone down the spray route because once you've done it you can't go back. So i looked around for tape to stick onto my stock but all of the tape would leave my gun sticky. But then i came across this other tape from Jack Pyke tape that sticks to itself by being wrapped round a few times :)

I'm having trouble at the moment trying to get my photos on but as soon as i do you can have a look at my guns to see what the finished product looks like :)

The link is http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=jack+pyke+tape&_sacat=See-All-Categories Any one of them will do.