Out for a mooch today

Good post Johnnyboy!

He makes the digging sound easy mind. It was some odessy, i feel we did our mining heritage proud :laugh: the warren is basically a very large pile of rocks, some probably 80-100 kilos in weight, that has over the years been covered in ash, dirt, broken glass and all manner of metal shit. I found a set of car brake lights? The hole we dug was 6 foot deep but also about 4-5 foot by 3 foot, in order to maneuver the f*****g rocks. The spade head is only twice the size of my palm.

Any how, good laugh, spent 2 hours being the human mole :tongue2: and met some interesting folk, it was quite the social occasion, i think we had, 9 people, 6 dogs and a heavily armed ninja stop by during the day at various points to (mostly) have a little watch and a smoke and say a friendly hello.

A special mention goes to my misses who, inspired by johnnys gentle words leapt on her first bunny whilst we were fannying about :notworthy:

Gentle words :laugh: :laugh: "feckin jump on it mun" hardly gentle but they did the trick.........forgot to mention your missus in the write up :icon_redface: :icon_redface: We'll make a ferreter out of her now mun.....she did well :notworthy:

Yes quite a varied assortment of charscters turned up.......it did turn into quite the social occasion at one point :laugh:

And the heavily armed ninja disappeared just like a ninja too :laugh:

He did to :blink: I liked the kids - can we see the rabbits dad, please dad? :toast:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good post Johnnyboy!

He makes the digging sound easy mind. It was some odessy, i feel we did our mining heritage proud :laugh: the warren is basically a very large pile of rocks, some probably 80-100 kilos in weight, that has over the years been covered in ash, dirt, broken glass and all manner of metal shit. I found a set of car brake lights? The hole we dug was 6 foot deep but also about 4-5 foot by 3 foot, in order to maneuver the f*****g rocks. The spade head is only twice the size of my palm.

Any how, good laugh, spent 2 hours being the human mole :tongue2: and met some interesting folk, it was quite the social occasion, i think we had, 9 people, 6 dogs and a heavily armed ninja stop by during the day at various points to (mostly) have a little watch and a smoke and say a friendly hello.

A special mention goes to my misses who, inspired by johnnys gentle words leapt on her first bunny whilst we were fannying about :notworthy:

Gentle words :laugh: :laugh: "feckin jump on it mun" hardly gentle but they did the trick.........forgot to mention your missus in the write up :icon_redface: :icon_redface: We'll make a ferreter out of her now mun.....she did well :notworthy:

Yes quite a varied assortment of charscters turned up.......it did turn into quite the social occasion at one point :laugh:

He did to :blink: I liked the kids - can we see the rabbits dad, please dad? :toast:

Yeh but the one wasn't so happy when he seen old thumper was dead.......probably traumatised him now :laugh:

And them stones were more like 100lb not kilos.......you just ain't very strong :tongue2:

Good post Johnnyboy!

Yeh but the one wasn't so happy when he seen old thumper was dead.......probably traumatised him now :laugh:

And them stones were more like 100lb not kilos.......you just ain't very strong :tongue2:

:laugh: I told you we need to watch our reputation around children :laugh:

Aye i noticed you carefully selecting the 100lb stones and leaving the 100 kilo fuckers to me. :whistling:

well done boys and ladys looks like you had a great day :thumbs:

Was a good day considering.........probably would've caught a few more had we not had to dig for the collars :icon_redface:

yer i think one of you droped a pound down the hole :boogie:

Good post Johnnyboy!

:laugh: I told you we need to watch our reputation around children :laugh:

Aye i noticed you carefully selecting the 100lb stones and leaving the 100 kilo fuckers to me. :whistling:

Well you see young fella,I'm old and wise.......wise enough to leave the heavy lifting to you young uns and old enough to know better :laugh: :laugh:

Sounds like a good day out lads Myself and a mate had an experience with missing collars a while back we brought this bloke along for a days ferreting, we were doing a hedge with a lot of holes on it me and me mate were on one side this other guy was on the other side Every thing went well all day until we picked up the ferrets and we discovered the collars were missing we searched up and down both sides of the ditch for ages but couldnt pick up any sign of them. Theres no way the collars came of both ferrets at the same time, neither me or my mate picked up the ferrets while they were working as we always let them do their own thing but the other bloke with us kept lifting them and moving them along we reckon he had away with the collars. needless to say it was his first and last time going out with us.

Well done lads! :good: Sounds like one of my routine fecking outings there with the slipped collars! :icon_redface::laugh: Our last two digs have been 4ft, once through rab & once through the roots of a holly tree. Both to slipped collars.. :doh::laugh::thumbs:

thinking about goin on one of my farms thrusday john do abit of ferreting do u fancy coming,

Yeh that'll be great don't think I got anything on :thumbs:

tidy mate ill leave my dog at home due to his foot,bring your dog if you want mate and ill come pick you up if you stuck for a lift,carnt promise much mate,avent had a good look on there for ages,but your welcome to pop over there with me if you want mate.

thinking about goin on one of my farms thrusday john do abit of ferreting do u fancy coming,

tidy mate ill leave my dog at home due to his foot,bring your dog if you want mate and ill come pick you up if you stuck for a lift,carnt promise much mate,avent had a good look on there for ages,but your welcome to pop over there with me if you want mate.

:thumbs:

:thumbs:

buzz you wensday mate :thumbs: