does anyone give electrolyte

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a really good source of potassium can a be found in tinned tomatoes, i mix a small amount of these of these, in with my dogs food once or twice a week , (only give them a bit and not too often)

all the best mate, have a good year

cocker

as is bananna, tomatoe and tmatoe juice is extreamly good for flushing the kidneys . ;)

i make my own

4 pints of water

6 tablespoons of sugar

1 teaspoon of salt

1 teaspoon of baking soda

1/2 teaspoon of "lo salt" (potassium)

cocker

cocker that great till know because they have went up till £4 for 5 sachets l only use it after coming back from hunting and the night before l go brings dog around lot faster cheers going do the tomato thing once week as while :thumbs:

not too much tomatoes mate :thumbs: make 1 small tin do two feeds, Potassium, calcium and sodium, are electrolytes (mineral salts) important to the nervous system, muscle function, fluid balance and heart, kidney and adrenal functions. A lack of potassium (hypokalemia) can show as weakness, fatigue, and sometimes problems in muscular coordination.

cocker

not too much tomatoes mate :thumbs: make 1 small tin do two feeds, Potassium, calcium and sodium, are electrolytes (mineral salts) important to the nervous system, muscle function, fluid balance and heart, kidney and adrenal functions. A lack of potassium (hypokalemia) can show as weakness, fatigue, and sometimes problems in muscular coordination.

cocker

tomatoes one tin week mix it in with there food just just getting back into the coursing so it all new and good infor you know your stuff

A dog should not need electrolyte replacement daily (unless working hard daily) or if poorly.

I use this.....

http://www.vetsearch.com.au/productsSummary.asp?id=43

Prior to a long night/days work, during if needed and after when i get home.

If you know you are going out on a big night in advance, soak the dogs evening meal the night & morning before in a vast quantity of water.