fox dogs

I THINK IT DEPENDS ON HOW YOU WANT YOUR TERRIER TO WORK, PERSONLY I LIKE A DOG WITH GOOD BONE, PLENTY OF DRIVE THAT CAN HANDLE HIS QUARRY WHEN NEEDS TO HOLD HARD, I LIKE THEM TO BE SPANABLE BUT IVE HAD TERRIERS LARGER THAT HAVE GET TO THERE QUARRY, TAKES THEM A BIT LONGER BUT ALWAYS GOT A RESULT. I HAVE SEEN SMALLER SIZE TERRIERS BOSSED ABOUT AND GET PUNISHED FOR ITS EFORTS. JUST MY OPINION BUT DO PREFERRE STRONG TERRIERS :thumbs: YIS ALLI :thumbs:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On the wrong place to talk pet stuff. Working dogs should not be pets. I've let people have them for pets and I regret it over and over.

nice dogs mate, it'll have some energy if it keeps drinking lucozade

the we red bitch in picture is only 11" get to anything does her job well

Posted Images

I THINK IT DEPENDS ON HOW YOU WANT YOUR TERRIER TO WORK, PERSONLY I LIKE A DOG WITH GOOD BONE, PLENTY OF DRIVE THAT CAN HANDLE HIS QUARRY WHEN NEEDS TO HOLD HARD, I LIKE THEM TO BE SPANABLE BUT IVE HAD TERRIERS LARGER THAT HAVE GET TO THERE QUARRY, TAKES THEM A BIT LONGER BUT ALWAYS GOT A RESULT. I HAVE SEEN SMALLER SIZE TERRIERS BOSSED ABOUT AND GET PUNISHED FOR ITS EFORTS. JUST MY OPINION BUT DO PREFERRE STRONG TERRIERS :thumbs: YIS ALLI :thumbs:

i saw some of yours at the great yorkshire show . strong dogs very nice the white ones and i think if i remember right a really crazy little border that was bouncing around in the ring this was last year so i may be wrong

i would agree alli mate small types are ok if they game even then they can come unstuck :thumbs:

Finding ability and staying ability are paramount. What they do when they find is of lesser importance. I personally value a steady bayer far higher than any other.

I have seen big dogs get where I didn't think they could and small dogs not get places they should.

FTB

And all this rubbish about big hard terriers being superior is nonsense. The big lumps will throw the towel in just as quick if they don't have it in them. If they are small enough to get there is all that matters anything in between is perfectly acceptable.

FTB

Why would you regret it? I've worked hundreds of dogs, I like working dogs as pets cos they make the best pets. Would you feel better if I showed you one of your pups with 4 teeth left, smashed up face and lame at 4 years old or would you like to see one of your pups fit, healthy and loved by a 6 and 7 year old when it's 12?

I don't get the ''only to a working home'' mentality.

As a dogman of many years, I have no problems sending a good working strain to a good home.

Each to their own I spose.

If I bred a litter of workers, then I'd want them to go to working homes. It'd be a waste of (potentially) a good worker for it to just go to a pet home. If they're bred to work then that is what they should be doing IMO. It's a shame not too work them IMO.