Rotties

This an honest question, OK? I am a rifle shooter. I have learned a lot about hunting with dogs since I joined THL. I've owned wee terriers that were mean ratters and bushers, but my preference has always been a big CF. Now there is a good thread about a Rottweiler saving his mate from a 'yote. What puzzles me is that no-one seems to cross Rotties with Greys to get lurchers. American bulls, Dogo Argentinos yes, Rotties no. Why not?

think their to heavyboned compared to the dogo and the ambull has more preydrive as its used for pig hunting. in certain places in europe they use the rottweiler as a fighting which rates the same as a dogo,doberman and german shepherd so i'm told.

think their to heavyboned compared to the dogo and the ambull has more preydrive as its used for pig hunting. in certain places in europe they use the rottweiler as a fighting which rates the same as a dogo,doberman and german shepherd so i'm told.

bollox do they use rottwielers anywhere as fighting dogs . . . . they wernt even bred for that purpose :wallbash: . . . . .

whats a cf???

Centrefire rifle. I've learned to respect the dog hunters since I joined THL, but my hunting has always been with a gun. I'm trying to learn, so I may ask stupid seeming questions sometimes.

Oh and as a PS, when A were a wee lad, A'd tek me Dad's dog aht of a Sunday. Me and me ferrets and the Dad's lurker. Collie/GSD x Grey. Fast as fluk, kill owt that moved. Ferts down t'oil, rabbuts out t'other end, Toby'd 'ave 'em.

i don't no much about hunting dogs and don't own a dog but rotties are lovely animals, when i have more time i'd have one as a pet straight away, my couasin owns one and it's a belter, lovely temprement aswell

Yeah! When my daughter was about 4, we were walking along the cut, sorry canal footpath. We saw a guy walking towards us with a big GSD and a Rotty, off their leads. The dogs were totally under control, and as they came near us the owner heeled both. No problem, except as they came near my wee gal shouted "Nice Doggies!" and leapt at the Rottie. Threw her arms round its neck, gave it a BIG KISS on the nose, and this vicious killer rolled over for a tum scratch. The owner was really enbarrassed . . .

i don't no much about hunting dogs and don't own a dog but rotties are lovely animals, when i have more time i'd have one as a pet straight away, my couasin owns one and it's a belter, lovely temprement aswell

Yeah! When my daughter was about 4, we were walking along the cut, sorry canal footpath. We saw a guy walking towards us with a big GSD and a Rotty, off their leads. The dogs were totally under control, and as they came near us the owner heeled both. No problem, except as they came near my wee gal shouted "Nice Doggies!" and leapt at the Rottie. Threw her arms round its neck, gave it a BIG KISS on the nose, and this vicious killer rolled over for a tum scratch. The owner was really enbarrassed . . .

and you would have bin gutted if that rotty grabbed hold of your doughter mate. my kids are tought never to go near other dogs . . . .

• Like 1