how much do you get for rabbits ?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how much do you get for your rabbits when you sell them ??

Last week i had quite a few rabbits which i gave away to an animal charity,its handy when you can get rid of them this way ,because at least there going some where,this week a chef,at a posh resturant has rang and asked for thirty doe rabbits,dressed, three quid each.

• 2 weeks later...

Last week i had quite a few rabbits which i gave away to an animal charity,its handy when you can get rid of them this way ,because at least there going some where,this week a chef,at a posh resturant has rang and asked for thirty doe rabbits,dressed, three quid each.

No offence, but dressed, how does he propose to tell the difference between a doe and a buck?

No offence, but dressed, how does he propose to tell the difference between a doe and a buck?

He'll prob just get 30 rabbits then :thumbs:

I can't give them away. Going to start mincing them for dog fodder i think

most bucks will have shagged off all of there body fat at this time of the year ,[gut some and have a look]chefs need consistancy and cook in bulk ,that is to say that all the meat is cooked at the same timeand some bucks will take twice as long as a doe to cook. and at three quid a pop , what chef wants,chef gets.

most ive had for rabbs 1 50 a rabb and hare a tenner from a posh game restraunt and 60 quid a roe, venison s a better seller so ive heard , samew with clean shot pheasants rabbs are still apoor mans meat in some parts but maby it get the recignition it needs 2 50 a rabbit gutted and is a fare price and depending on the customer skinned is abit extra or adeal struck purveyd a bit of game was a good earner same with other things fish etc

We need to raise the profile of our british game. It's sick that someone will spend 4 quid on a big mac but will turn their nose up at paying 2 quid for a whole fresh rabbit. Thats the world we live in mind. Sad.

We need to raise the profile of our british game. It's sick that someone will spend 4 quid on a big mac but will turn their nose up at paying 2 quid for a whole fresh rabbit. Thats the world we live in mind. Sad.

Not often it happens but I conccur :laugh: local punters in't pub can't get enough of them, £4 skinned and paunched just got rid of 4 tonight (I always soak 'em in salt water first mind) :yes: the local butcher's also can't get enough :thumbs: