which double cab

Guest rexdigger

mine gets me everywhere i want to go spends more time offroad than on only been stuck once and the farmer had to have his tractor pulled out of same bog so wouldnt have mattered what 4x4 i was in :thumbs:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What ever you choose, have it serviced on a regular basis. That way your mechanic will find any problems that may arise.

Land Rover Defenders and Mitsubushi Animal/Warrior I can only comment on. They are all tough trucks.

heard that head gasket failure is a common problem on mitsu L200 and do know of at least 2 that have had that problem so did kind of discount them to be honest.rex digger did you buy a roof mounted blitz off me few years back ?if you did did you have navara back then too?

Aye

Get a 2.8 Pajero lwb and spend the 5k change on booze and guns

Goodridge A/T`s and It`ll go anywhere and hasn`t got the head issues of the newer 2.5 motor

Pick up a minter and its 10 times the motor of an L200 thats for sure!

ATB

Hilux every day, brought my latest 2 months ago an i love it its a 2002 gx double cab. Best of the double cabs off road because of the diff lock, sold my last one a couple of years ago and always regretted it. Only got road tyres on but went digging 2 weeks ago on some really sh*t ground an not the slightest problem. L200 an navara are thirsty compared to the 2.5 d4d engine.

Edited by STAN22

i work in agriculture and have been running about in a ford (wildcat) no fancy extra's' a bit light on the back end and can be a bit greedy if you have heavy feet. but its been a real work horse and has took a power of abuse. towing diggers carrying heavy loads etc. you get what you pay for :thumbs:

owned my 52 Plate D22 Navara twincab for about 4 years now and never missed a beat. now coming round to 106,000mls and runs as sweet as when I first picked it up and don't burn a drop of oil, probably gives better fuel figures too than the Toyota and Mitsubishi....

I'VE OWNED AN ISUZU RODEO 3.0 WITH BFG MUD T ON . GETS USED WHAT THEY WERE MADE FOR DAY IN DAY OUT. A BIT NOISY BUT GREAT TRUCK PREFER 3L AS THEY DONT NEED TO REV THE SAME NOT BAD ON JUICE IF YOU DRIE IT RIGHT, BUT IM A BIT HEAVY FOOTED!!!! PUT 50 THOU ON IT IN 2 AND A HALF YEARS . BEST ALL ROUND 4X4 I HAVE OWNED.