One Ferret Dead

Hi all just been out to feed the ferrets and found one dead curled up in its box

i think it might be the cold that has killed it but i ant sure. Has any one else

had any problems with the cold snap?

Cheers

Shane

dont think the cold will have killed it mate,did you keep an eye on the water bottles,if they were frozen solid it had no access to water, just a thought :hmm:

The cold doesn't usually bother them as much as heat .I'd be looking at other things like age ect

The ferrets are gils from this summer i have been feeding and giving them fresh

water every day it was the smaller of the two that died! :hmm:

Could well just be nature taking it's course matey. Winter is the time weak or ill animals naturally die :hmm:

its not the cold that kills ferrets as long as they are dry cold doesn't effect them more likely a weakness you couldn't do anything about ferrets are good at covering illnesses up was she lighter than the other jill

yes mate she was lighter than the other one she has been since i got them in the summer

and she was the best worker! I change the bedding every few days but as the ferrets are

free to go out side in there run i wonder if the bedding has got wet from the snow then

the cold might have killed her?

• 2 weeks later...

its not the cold that kills ferrets as long as they are dry cold doesn't effect them more likely a weakness you couldn't do anything about ferrets are good at covering illnesses up was she lighter than the other jill

yes mate she was lighter than the other one she has been since i got them in the summer

and she was the best worker! I change the bedding every few days but as the ferrets are

free to go out side in there run i wonder if the bedding has got wet from the snow then

just lost my old jill today(wasn't the cold as we in the thaw now)it's sad but i have her daughter which is a double of her,well i hope i don't lose any more,from now on,

Higgins

Shane..... i have a little Polecat Jill you can take. A lad at work found her wandering along the Lane on his way to work so he picked her up and brought her into work for me.

She had been out a while.... very thin and dehydrated but she is how she should be now.

She is very good to handle but..... i have never taken her out so i dont know if she is any good as a working Ferret or not :hmm::hmm: I wanted to build her up 1st before i took her out.

PM me if you would like to take her and i will give you my address etc..... :thumbs:

Shane..... i have a little Polecat Jill you can take. A lad at work found her wandering along the Lane on his way to work so he picked her up and brought her into work for me.

She had been out a while.... very thin and dehydrated but she is how she should be now.

She is very good to handle but..... i have never taken her out so i dont know if she is any good as a working Ferret or not :hmm::hmm: I wanted to build her up 1st before i took her out.

PM me if you would like to take her and i will give you my address etc..... :thumbs:

Pm sent :thumbs:

just lost my old jill today(wasn't the cold as we in the thaw now)it's sad but i have her daughter which is a double of her,well i hope i don't lose any more,from now on,

Higgins

Hi higgins a week after the first jill died her sister died i havent a clue what was wrong it must have been genetic as the ferrets where well kept they had food water and a good sized run cheers for all the posts.

Shane