a couple of handy hunts

me and my mate the bigmc went out with the terriers last week for a dig. first stop i ran my old b+t lakeland dog ( DIGGER ). he ran the entire bank which is a double ditch and checked all the holes to no avail. when we got to the end of the bank he dropped into the double ditch and started hunting mad, nose to ground and wouldn't come back up to us. i knew there was something about. the cover was right and thick so i got him gathered and ran him back threw the holes again on the way back. just incase charlie ahd bolted from the cover and hit the bank. just as i thought the dog dropped into a hole and after alot of racket charlie bolted. we missed him though the lurcher drove him into another hole. dog in and holes blocked we dug to him this time. success. :thumbs:

then we made tracks to a farm i hadn't been to in around ten years, for no particular reason though. on talking to the farmer we learned before we went to the holes that there was activaty down the field. we went to the bank and all the telltale signs were there. we collared up dabigmc's young blackdog ( MILLAR )and away he went. after about ten mins we located him steady at 1.3. we left him for another few minutes had a smoke and a natter and then decided to go to him. easy digging, we were down in no time. dog worked well and we've high hopes for him.

here's a few rough pics i took on my mobile................MUDD DOG...............

post-39522-0-44776400-1291208061_thumb.jpg

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic