Coursing Greyhound versus Racing Greyhound

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

remember they have been selected to run in pairs for the last couple of hundred years as well. you dont have to be as agile, or worry about over shooting if there is another one of you cutting the tur

no difference both dogs have simalar lines and track bred dogs av won waterloo cup and vice verser coursing dogs won on track plus the irish mix both lines

the've only been banned a couple of years. the last winner of the waterloo cup is probably still alive.   plus you could get one from ireland. i think the lady from the "coursing diary" was telling

Posted Images

Both will bring increased heart size, greater red blood cell volume and as much speed as one could ever want so for me size rather than background would be the decider.

Shame we can't go back a few years and get one of these.

post-2025-0-98169000-1290186389_thumb.jpg

I know where there is one sorta like that. :thumbs:

3 turns is a complete bullshitter..he wouldn't know if a one'd dog was walking towards or away from him,,

ALRIGHT GIRLS BULLSHITTER HERE MADE A MISTAKE OF OWNERS NAME MCGLAUGHLANS DIFFRENT DOG OWNER .CLOES LUCK CAME FROM JOE MCKINLEY FROM BELFAST.GOT THE DOGS BOOK IN FRONT OF MEEAR TAGS AND YOU CAN CHECK ITS LINE HJYXD.FIRST TRIAL DERRY11 SEP2008 TRAP 5 ON THE FLAT 2ND 1LENGTH FROM WINNER 17.62 C DO YOU WANT ME TO CONTINUE .BLUE BITCH

SIRE MINEOLAFARLOE GRAND SIRE TOP HONCHO GRAND DAM FARLOE DINGLE

DAM MINEOLAANGLEBLUE GRAND SIRE THORGIL TEX G/DAMMINEOLA FLIGHT

DATE WHELPED 22/06 2007 THE BREEDER MR JOHN MCGETTIGAN DERRY. APOLOGYS IN ORDER IM NO LIAR OR BULLSHITTER JUST MADE A MISTAKE.

3 turns is a complete bullshitter..he wouldn't know if a one'd dog was walking towards or away from him,,

could be mate ,,, when he was on about Mclachlan,,,, i thought he meant greyhound,,,,ur post u thought breeder or owner

which doesnt matter as if it was grey ???? Mclachlan was breed out off a track austrain greyhound

never mind,,,,3 turns got me confused for just a few secounds :laugh::laugh: i wish he,,ll come back on to tell me or you ,,,if Mclachlan was his choice off coursing grey or owner as iam abit puzzeled :laugh::laugh:

BACK O N NEW POST

could be mate ,,, when he was on about Mclachlan,,,, i thought he meant greyhound,,,,ur post u thought breeder or owner

which doesnt matter as if it was grey ???? Mclachlan was breed out off a track austrain greyhound

never mind,,,,3 turns got me confused for just a few secounds :laugh::laugh: i wish he,,ll come back on to tell me or you ,,,if Mclachlan was his choice off coursing grey or owner as iam abit puzzeled :laugh::laugh:

BACK O N NEW POST

its cool 3 turns,,,,were just having a crack with u ( welcome to hunting life lol ) :thumbs:

here,s a dog thats lately came in to stud,,,,,my brother who,s into grey,s ,,,,loves this dog alot,if i had one off his pup,s ,,,my brother would come to my house with an open cheque book lol,,,as he loves this dog soo much he,s been following him from his 1st few races ,,he won a few quid off the back off him

ninja jamie

here,s a dog thats lately came in to stud,,,,,my brother who,s into grey,s ,,,,loves this dog alot,if i had one off his pup,s ,,,my brother would come to my house with an open cheque book lol,,,as he loves this dog soo much he,s been following him from his 1st few races ,,he won a few quid off the back off him

ninja jamie

BITEING LIKE A FURRET. :wallbash::icon_redface:

There's been plenty of dogs breed for the track that have won coursing meetings after failing to run on the track. I think is more important to have a dog that can turn tight than weather it's a track dog or coursing dog. Some greyhounds will lead up any dog but on the first turn end up twenty lengths behind and I have seen this in both track bred and coursing bred dogs.

True about the track dogs :thumbs: with coursing though in later years very few leads were overturned by judges,no matter how much they overshot

Y.I.S Leeview

im talking more about how their physical attributes work together not their mental drive. agility, speed etc. the style in which they work. to me if your going to breed a dog/s that are going to catch a hare you can either choose to do it with speed or distance. when your breeding a dog thats ment to run as a pair, your selection criteria would be diferent to someone who is trying to breed a one out dog. giving up turning for speed for example. which would be a fault in a single handed dog, over shooting through a turn looses the dog alot of ground. but in a pair its not a fault because the second dog can cut the turn and still put pressure on the hare. think about the history of coursing as a formalisation of hunting, insted of a race.

Please see my post above :thumbs: I saw many experienced greyhounds hang back(lurching)and wait for the other dog turn the hare and dive in to strike :thumbdown: which was nt what you wanted YOUR dog to do as I stated above,you would nt mind our opponents dog doing it commonly known as "killing to lose"

Y.I.S Leeview

ninja jamie

DO YOU GO TO THE TRAX MATE.ARMADALE SHAWFIELD AYR.ONE OF MY FRIENDS ATRAINER GOT 6 DOGS IN THE STABLE AT THE MOMENT .MAYBE BE ABLE TO LET YOU NO WHATS GETTING STOPPED THAT NIGHT.3 TURNS NO B/S HA/HA

Both will bring increased heart size, greater red blood cell volume and as much speed as one could ever want so for me size rather than background would be the decider. Shame we can't go back a few years and get one of these.

post-2025-0-98169000-1290186389_thumb.jpg

Yep, my choice too! :thumbs:

This thred is fast turning into 'i know more about greyhound pedigree's than you'....!

For me it would matter not, if i had to choose for breeding purposes (and i'd pick a longdog hybrid before a greyhound any day or, second best, a greyhound that someone is using as a lurcher), it'd be one of the big heavier boned types i've seen for enough years run at the Cup, with as much coursing blood as you could get.

Is there a difference...? Not from reading some of the previous posts, but everytime I went to the Cup I seen bigger (mainly in bone) dogs than any of the blokes who I know that run the track keep and as far as i'm concerned, when the speed is halfed in lurcher production, a greyhound is a greyhound, but prey-drive and substance are a must!

Oh yer, the old chestnut that any ex track dog will do, is shite fed by one certain author a number of years back but it was bought by many in the lurcher world and the results are out there! Funny but when his friend went into lurcher production, his subsiquent book made a huge deal about the importance of using the right greyhound...! :hmm::yes:

;)

A FEW HUNDRED YRS AGO BULL BLOOD WAS INTROUDUCED INTO GREWS CAUSE THEY WERE SXXXXE THEY LACKED IN PREY DRIVE SO EVERYBODY THAT HAS A LURCHER X TO A GREW HAS GOT A BULLX IN IT SOMEWHERE DOWN THE LINE.RED BLUE BLACK BRINDLE WHERE DID THAT COME FROM .MAYBE THE FAIREYS INTRODUCED IT.MAYBE IM IN THE WRONG FIELD EVEN WITH MY DOGS.IM PXXXXXD NOW AND CABINED FEVERED.