Coursing Greyhound versus Racing Greyhound

The amount of lurchers about now a days their is no need watso ever to go back to pure greyhounds the good strains of pure saluki are imho a much better prospect to put into lurchers rather than loose stamina and durabilty by going back to raceing dogs.

:clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: you get f*****g worse dell :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: 1st its lurcher to lurcher only now its go back to a pure saluki :whistling: :whistling: so your basically saying all 3/4 breds in any cross are pointless nowadays and should be 1/4 whatever used 1/4 grey and 1/2 saluki??? TOTAL BOLLOCKS!!!!! :doh: :doh:

Yes lurcher to lurcher all the way but why then breed them back to greyhounds to loose stamina and running ability but then your the exspert stewie so you know wats best.

they dont lose running abilitiy dell,,,,,,,,,,,,,they are the king,s off running ability

stamia yes compared to suliki breeds and lurcher to lurcher ,,with loads off wind

but running abilitiy,,,,,greyhounds have it by the bucket load( unless u meant somthing else ????) by that statment ,,,,,without greyhound ,,,,lurcher world would be fecked

on a lighter note,,,someone had a sence off humor making this vid,,,i seen the movie also :laugh:

the movie clip,,, :laugh:

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

remember they have been selected to run in pairs for the last couple of hundred years as well. you dont have to be as agile, or worry about over shooting if there is another one of you cutting the tur

no difference both dogs have simalar lines and track bred dogs av won waterloo cup and vice verser coursing dogs won on track plus the irish mix both lines

the've only been banned a couple of years. the last winner of the waterloo cup is probably still alive.   plus you could get one from ireland. i think the lady from the "coursing diary" was telling

Posted Images

The amount of lurchers about now a days their is no need watso ever to go back to pure greyhounds the good strains of pure saluki are imho a much better prospect to put into lurchers rather than loose stamina and durabilty by going back to raceing dogs.

:clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: you get f*****g worse dell :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: 1st its lurcher to lurcher only now its go back to a pure saluki :whistling: :whistling: so your basically saying all 3/4 breds in any cross are pointless nowadays and should be 1/4 whatever used 1/4 grey and 1/2 saluki??? TOTAL BOLLOCKS!!!!! :doh: :doh:

Yes lurcher to lurcher all the way but why then breed them back to greyhounds to loose stamina and running ability but then your the exspert stewie so you know wats best.

you never answered the question dell boy :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: im no expert at all its just basic knowledge that a greyhound is the best choice to go back to in most breedings!! and how do you think the lurchers were bred in a lurcher to lurcher breeding??? thats right with GREYHOUNDS!!!

they dont lose running abilitiy dell,,,,,,,,,,,,,they are the king,s off running ability

stamia yes compared to suliki breeds and lurcher to lurcher ,,with loads off wind

but running abilitiy,,,,,greyhounds have it by the bucket load( unless u meant somthing else ????) by that statment ,,,,,without greyhound ,,,,lurcher world would be fecked

spot on mate well said :thumbs:

so what your getting at is greyhounds are usless and no good at all, well thats bolloks seen greyhounds work and they are handy animals in the right hands.

:thumbs: :thumbs:

most liurchers have greyhounds in them to some degree so they cant be that bad as said previously bred three litters to greyhounds and they all made the grade with no litterwastage as far as i know but obviously didnt follow every pup .they will give you heart speed and prey drive whatever you put them to in my opinion their the finest dog walking this earth and a great start to breed a lurcher

most liurchers have greyhounds in them to some degree so they cant be that bad as said previously bred three litters to greyhounds and they all made the grade with no litterwastage as far as i know but obviously didnt follow every pup .they will give you heart speed and prey drive whatever you put them to in my opinion their the finest dog walking this earth and a great start to breed a lurcher

got to agree boyo, they are "a great start" in breeding a lurcher, but what a lot of people would have you believe is that , they are the finished article, best of luck,

so what your getting at is greyhounds are usless and no good at all, well thats bolloks seen greyhounds work and they are handy animals in the right hands.

Did i say greyhounds were useless or no good at all next you will be telling me their better than well bred lurchers ffs this site just gets better.

if i had to make the choice a coursing grey ,preferably from coursing stock .....

but where would you find one in the u/k today?

the've only been banned a couple of years. the last winner of the waterloo cup is probably still alive.

plus you could get one from ireland. i think the lady from the "coursing diary" was telling me they breed 5,000 coursing greyhounds in ireland a year. ranging in cost for pups from around a 1,000 euro upto whatever you wanted to pay (5/6,000 for a stakes winners pup). only about 1/2 doz make any stake money, so there must be tons of retiring coursers or sapplings who didnt make the grade kicking about suitable for breeding or waiting to patiently to be turned into hunting dogs. id love to hear from someone who actually had some experience hunting with this breed/line.

its seems that anyone who has actually owned and hunted with a greyhound loves them. and everyone else has this preconceived notion that they injure easily and have no distance. i reckon that people have just got ex track dogs, and taken them out on the first night without putting in any of the conversion work i think that you would have to do. then they have the inevitable blowout, run into a fence or just f**k off, then the old story of it being the stupid dogs fault.

its a real shame that the traditional coursing dog of the british islands, has been ignored by people who should love and protect them the most. im super impressed on what you blokes have done in 30 odd years of breeding with someone else's traditional breed. but i cant help but imagine what all that effort would have brought to the greyhound.

no they wont catch 5 hares a day one out. but what are you going to do with all that meat anyway? surely a couple or three hares a day is enough for any man.

brilliant post

you never answered the question dell boy :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: im no expert at all its just basic knowledge that a greyhound is the best choice to go back to in most breedings!! and how do you think the lurchers were bred in a lurcher to lurcher breeding??? thats right with GREYHOUNDS!!!

Why is the greyhound the best choice in most breedings barring to produce first crosses??? and have you seen meny lurchers run thats been produced [bANNED TEXT] a lurcher as been bred back to a greyhound????

if i had to make the choice a coursing grey ,preferably from coursing stock .....

but where would you find one in the u/k today?

the've only been banned a couple of years. the last winner of the waterloo cup is probably still alive.

plus you could get one from ireland. i think the lady from the "coursing diary" was telling me they breed 5,000 coursing greyhounds in ireland a year. ranging in cost for pups from around a 1,000 euro upto whatever you wanted to pay (5/6,000 for a stakes winners pup). only about 1/2 doz make any stake money, so there must be tons of retiring coursers or sapplings who didnt make the grade kicking about suitable for breeding or waiting to patiently to be turned into hunting dogs. id love to hear from someone who actually had some experience hunting with this breed/line.

its seems that anyone who has actually owned and hunted with a greyhound loves them. and everyone else has this preconceived notion that they injure easily and have no distance. i reckon that people have just got ex track dogs, and taken them out on the first night without putting in any of the conversion work i think that you would have to do. then they have the inevitable blowout, run into a fence or just f**k off, then the old story of it being the stupid dogs fault.

its a real shame that the traditional coursing dog of the british islands, has been ignored by people who should love and protect them the most. im super impressed on what you blokes have done in 30 odd years of breeding with someone else's traditional breed. but i cant help but imagine what all that effort would have brought to the greyhound.

no they wont catch 5 hares a day one out. but what are you going to do with all that meat anyway? surely a couple or three hares a day is enough for any man.

brilliant post

ill second that spot on :thumbs: :thumbs:

:clapper: :clapper: you get f*****g worse dell :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: 1st its lurcher to lurcher only now its go back to a pure saluki :whistling: :whistling: so your basically saying all 3/4 breds in any cross are pointless nowadays and should be 1/4 whatever used 1/4 grey and 1/2 saluki??? TOTAL BOLLOCKS!!!!! :doh: :doh:

Why is the greyhound the best choice in most breedings barring to produce first crosses??? and have you seen meny lurchers run thats been produced [bANNED TEXT] a lurcher as been bred back to a greyhound????

yes dell loads!!! ive owned 3/4 greys in bull and collie and rate them highly as well as gone out plenty with others who have dogs of similar breeding. if it wasnt for the greyhound there would never of even been a lurcher in the first place. yes they have there faults and the reason for crossing is ,imo, to make a better dog without these faults in the area and on the game you hunt. if its stamina add saluki, brains add collie, jaw power add bull etc etc BUT never forget that you are only adding this to the mix and a greyhound adds just as much obviously speed but also that all important killing instinct!!! you breed in then breed out so to speak. they have been used as out an out hunting dogs long before any other breed its not there fault they get raced now more than anything is it??? but at the same time why do they chase a piece of rag round a track?? its because there instinct tells them to chase and kill anything put before them be it a piece of rag, tennis ball, rabbit, hare, deer, fox or anything!!!! i used to think the same but having a pure grey around me these last few months have made me realise that there is more bollox talked about them than any other breed in the lurcher world. he is just like a lurcher but thick as f**k :laugh: :laugh: but i like that about him and his catch rate is improving all the time and seeing him in full flight is summat else :icon_eek: :icon_eek: ive never been on edge so much watching a dog chase!! countless people have 3/4 greys 1/4 ??? in the kennels so surely they cant be that bad can they dell???? :thumbs: