S410/400 owners

rossi_j

Here's the problem I have, im not good with words so bear with me :)

When I slide the bolt action forward then push down to engage or lock the bolt whatever you call it, there seems to be very little resistance holding the bolt handle down the slightest touch by the lamp battery cable ect wil nudge it into the loose position and when fired the bolt comes back resulting in a miss fire.

It happend twice on friday.

Can anyone kno if its posible to tighten this up and how to do it?

Cheers

.ste.

mines the same i just put dab of gun grease on it an keep me eye on it

Glad to kno its not just me then, im used to springers so once cocked and pellet in not mutch can happen before pulling the trigger, so a bit of grease helps you find, I wil try that altho it looks pretty greased up already from what I remember,

Just got to get used to checking with thumb before squezeing on off.

Thanks

.ste.

Mine has also allways been pretty loose from beeing brand new which can be a pain at times especially when i am carrying the gun over my shoulder with the sling,you will sharp get into the habbit of constantly checking it.

When I slide the bolt action forward then push down to engage or lock the bolt whatever you call it, there seems to be very little resistance holding the bolt handle down the slightest touch by the lamp battery cable ect wil nudge it into the loose position and when fired the bolt comes back resulting in a miss fire.

Cheers

.ste.

try putting a new oring on the bolt shaft or a thicker one if it still has one.

this helps cusion the pushing forward of the bolt to action and also puts some tension on the bolt when locked down to help keep it in place.

Cheers

.ste.

hey hey

i used to have the same problem with my S400,, but solved it by putting a very thin o-ring on the bolt probe once you have taken the bolt handel off,, it give it a bit of resistance an it never popped back up causing a miss fire,, i think the o-ring was 8mm ID by 1.5mm section

ATB

niel

Cheers

.ste.

hey hey

i used to have the same problem with my S400,, but solved it by putting a very thin o-ring on the bolt probe once you have taken the bolt handel off,, it give it a bit of resistance an it never popped back up causing a miss fire,, i think the o-ring was 8mm ID by 1.5mm section

ATB

niel

Someone had done this mod to my 410 before I got it (Paul??) and it was never a problem on mine. :thumbs:

hi

i had the same thing happen to me a while back!so like the rest just put a bigger o ring over the bolt,and it done the job :thumbs:

but then i always chec my bolt is in place as im about to shoot,force of habbit i suppose :thumbs:

regards

davy

New 'o' ring it is then, cheers for the replys lads, if I baught the servicing pack of rings and seals ect. Will there be one of said 'o' rings in thare?

Cheers again

.ste.

hey hey

if there aint the o-rings in the service pack drop me a pm with yah addy an i will post you a couple

Niel

Cheers

.ste.

try putting a new oring on the bolt shaft or a thicker one if it still has one.

this helps cusion the pushing forward of the bolt to action and also puts some tension on the bolt when locked down to help keep it in place.

thats what i did to mine last week seems to have done the trick. :thumbs:

New 'o' ring it is then, cheers for the replys lads, if I baught the servicing pack of rings and seals ect. Will there be one of said 'o' rings in thare?

Cheers again

.ste.

hey hey

if there aint the o-rings in the service pack drop me a pm with yah addy an i will post you a couple

Niel

Hi mate, I dont have the servicing pack just I kno I can get one for around £5 but dont kno if there wil be one in there just wonderd if anyone knows?

I wil find out and if not will take you up on that.

Thankyou :)

.ste.