saved a life

i was driving through a rough part of salford the other year and stopped to go into a local burgerking to get some lunch.while i was stood in the queue a bloke in a wheelchair started choking and going blue in the face.all the staff and customers were running around like headless chickens panicking,the guy was going unconscious and noone had a clue what to do.i struggled to reach around him(he was a big bloke)and managed to do the heimlich manouver,he made a choking noise and half a burger came out and flew across the floor.when i rang my daughter up to tell her she said Mum, have you never watched shameless?!!! :laugh:

Ive saved a few,

I saved my brother at 12 fell in the river with a bike round him, He sank jumped in saved him, Got a humantia award for it went to london stayed in a big posh holtel meet a load of posh/celebraites folk and come home with a big award and a bit of glass ware....

All over the paper ect ect, Load a shit really but ya iv saved a few in my time......

I was on holiday at scarborough last year, catching crabs off a jetty. There were a few people doing it, well the end of the jetty was very slippy, and a little girl walked down it, slipped, hit her head on a metal bar and fell in. She was almost unconscious when i pulled her out of the water, on my own -(because some tw*t just stood behind me shouting "she's fell in!"). So yeah didnt really save her life but her mum was grateful & gave me a £5 :)

Stopped a boy killing him self on an electrical fire with a water extinguisher, he had pressed the button and walked toward a 3ph 415v electrical laundry dryer in a college laundry. He was foreign and didn't listen, had to be rugby tackled. Got a letter of thanks from him later, and the college. Then I put the fire out properly with 4 CO2 fire extinguishers...

tried to save a young lass,but she was to far gone to do owt.electrocuted in her garden saved her 2yr old son though if he had touched her he would have died aswell.i treat electricity with the greatest of respect since that day

RCD's on everything are a good idea, I'm sure it would have saved her.

Guest underdog

tried to save a young lass,but she was to far gone to do owt.electrocuted in her garden saved her 2yr old son though if he had touched her he would have died aswell.i treat electricity with the greatest of respect since that day

Ohhhh aye, give the guy a complex why dont you..... you dont know if it would save her, you dont know how long she was being electrocuted for before he saw her. That's a silly statement to come out with mate or maybe just the way you said it :thumbdown:

she was cutting her grass and from what i gathered at time.when she was winding up the cable the connections seperated,she had the male jack plug in her hand by the time i got to her.id say she was getting electrocuted for a good 5 mins by time i got there.grabbed the kid ran into the house and unplugged the cable from wall.dunno to much about electicity tbh.ill never forget the nopise she made just before she died.wasnt a good day to say the least.