Good Black Dogs (Pattedales?) in the US?

I see one of there sites a fellow peddling pups called patterdale warriors.He is really talking the talk about his dogs and pats in general he has patterdales five years.Truly he has to be an expert.!!!!!!

Most of the expert patterdale hunter breeders etc,in the USA won't admit it but i've spent more time in the field pissing than they have doing the aforementioned.OLA

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

the topic is there for everyone to reply.i just told the truth im not backing anyone here im just giving my input.3000 pic means f**k all and who did you hunt with in ireland iv seen a lot booths old

Not much in the way of terriers, I can't dig at all now, I spent some time in the hospital and sport a bag now... fashionable eh? The ground here is sugar sand anyway, I've yet to see a decent earth

Jonathon, I have read this post and am not at all amused.....First , I met your father in Iowa at Barburners at a get-to-gether....We talked at lenght about many things terrier, and, were in agreement

heyy funny man are you also still actif in life :thumbs::thumbs:

Not much in the way of terriers, I can't dig at all now, I spent some time in the hospital and sport a bag now... fashionable eh? The ground here is sugar sand anyway, I've yet to see a decent earth even groundhog holes are scarce. :( I am able to get out a little with my sighthounds but nothing like a serious hunter... its all just good fun, love keeping the dogs and seeing what they'll do from time to time. Gotta have some sort of vice you know. :thumbs: I still have the Doogan dog I got from Lonnie B. that was a good breeding imo.

Sometimes I miss the old boards... they were always good entertainment if nothing else. :laugh:

• Like 1

just a question for you USA lads how doses this hall of fame work and how can you regerster a pure bred patterdale it state you cant reg across bred i ask this question on a different site got no answer as for possum i think he gave his opinion right or wrong on different breed and he shouldnt be slated for that.just like to remind you USA lads you wont get away with ganging up on lads as ye do on yer own forums

Fionn

with nothing to do regarding your post,I asked JD last night to remove all my content from this post,but he said he couldn't.After re-reading Possums posts "again",I figure for my part to just leave it be.However,there are a few intangibles that haven't been told that steered my replies in the direction they were.Like the threat of harming a man's dogs when he wasn't around,along with a couple others.

But I too don't and never have liked the ganging up on someone.I can only speak for myself,I wish I never even responded

Possum had been a friend of mine,and I replied in anger.I still don't agree with how you did things here Daniel,but i am sorry

craig

PS:I think Mileo was an excellent worker and producer of workers.Not saying that there aren't other good workers & producers of the same,at all.But too many folks bash on Mileo due to disagreements with Todd,Tony or Mr.Booth.

However and whatever those reasons may be,doesn't change the quality of the dog,and I for one wish I had some of his direct offspring.

Too often differences between owners and breeders,gets flipped on the dogs and biased/anti opinions are directed to the dog,which in many cases may be as solid as one can be.

I know Mileo was an old,one eyed,teeth missing dog that would & could hunt witht the best.If his detractors didn't know his breeding and saw him working,or had his offspring,I think they would have a different opinion

uru

Craig we dug the Mileo dog in handy ones'deep ones'on tested game and no matter what most think of R.Booth that dog was a master at his game...and than dog was lucky to end up in the U.S and got bred to lots of bitchs because more than likely he would of having a short work life here as for being so game.....mush

deadgame can you explain about hall of fame and the rules on reg a patterdale as i cant understand how a dog that someone havnt seen be in it plus why ye dont accepted that all patts fell are crossbred terrier urs fionn

All I can really tell you is that it is just a title. It does not make a dog any better, and there are a lot of dogs, in my opinion that should be in a "HOF " That are not, And some that are in the PTCA HOF I do not agree with. If I had my own HOF I would be the one making the choice, so it would be based on my opinions and the people I had helping me make the choices. I am not sure who makes the choice, but I would guess that it would be based on pedigrees received at the PTCA, and information shared by the members. IF you keep seeing a dog like Nuttall's Miner in pedigrees again and again, you would assume that he is a good dog, then when you hear people talking about sons, grandsons, great grandsons of him that are doing good, then you would assume that he is a good dog that helped shape the Present breed. Todd

heyy funny man are you also still actif in life :thumbs::thumbs:

Not much in the way of terriers, I can't dig at all now, I spent some time in the hospital and sport a bag now... fashionable eh? The ground here is sugar sand anyway, I've yet to see a decent earth even groundhog holes are scarce. :( I am able to get out a little with my sighthounds but nothing like a serious hunter... its all just good fun, love keeping the dogs and seeing what they'll do from time to time. Gotta have some sort of vice you know. :thumbs: I still have the Doogan dog I got from Lonnie B. that was a good breeding imo.

Sometimes I miss the old boards... they were always good entertainment if nothing else. :laugh:

Dean how is the Doogan dog bred? Todd

just a question for you USA lads how doses this hall of fame work and how can you regerster a pure bred patterdale it state you cant reg across bred i ask this question on a different site got no answer as for possum i think he gave his opinion right or wrong on different breed and he shouldnt be slated for that.just like to remind you USA lads you wont get away with ganging up on lads as ye do on yer own forums

Fionn

with nothing to do regarding your post,I asked JD last night to remove all my content from this post,but he said he couldn't.After re-reading Possums posts "again",I figure for my part to just leave it be.However,there are a few intangibles that haven't been told that steered my replies in the direction they were.Like the threat of harming a man's dogs when he wasn't around,along with a couple others.

But I too don't and never have liked the ganging up on someone.I can only speak for myself,I wish I never even responded

Possum had been a friend of mine,and I replied in anger.I still don't agree with how you did things here Daniel,but i am sorry

craig

PS:I think Mileo was an excellent worker and producer of workers.Not saying that there aren't other good workers & producers of the same,at all.But too many folks bash on Mileo due to disagreements with Todd,Tony or Mr.Booth.

However and whatever those reasons may be,doesn't change the quality of the dog,and I for one wish I had some of his direct offspring.

Too often differences between owners and breeders,gets flipped on the dogs and biased/anti opinions are directed to the dog,which in many cases may be as solid as one can be.

I know Mileo was an old,one eyed,teeth missing dog that would & could hunt witht the best.If his detractors didn't know his breeding and saw him working,or had his offspring,I think they would have a different opinion

uru

Craig we dug the Mileo dog in handy ones'deep ones'on tested game and no matter what most think of R.Booth that dog was a master at his game...and than dog was lucky to end up in the U.S and got bred to lots of bitchs because more than likely he would of having a short work life here as for being so game.....mush

Not sure who you are, but I appreciate the post. I hunted Milo for eight years, up until he was almost 12 years old. He still had the drive of a young dog, I took him barnhunting one year and he went from coon to coon he lost his left eye and three canines doing it, but he never slowed down. After one confrontation he was left blind in both eyes for about a month. He did not care and would still run as hard and as fast toward a scent as he could. I bred him to his full sister Monkey before he died she was super hard and crazy also. My son has a very nice female out of that breeding. Todd

Miss Deadgame is nothing more than a big joke ,,good teeth is show bad teeth is work and than the price off 1000$ dogs.???? com on man no dog is worth a price like thatMr Mason ,,, his dogs have also not really a good name as earthdogs

there is enough good black stuff in the USA but those 2 line's ,, waist of time and money

first off Erik, my name is Todd Fulford I live in Worthington KY, USA. Tell me who you are so if we meet I will know who I am talking too.

Secondly Your post com on man no dog is worth a price like that tells me several things about you.

1. you do not value your dogs as much as I value mine.

2. I know that you have never paid 1000 dollars for a dog and that you will never sell a dog for $1000. I have bought several dogs for $1000.

The value of something is not determined by the price tag that the seller puts on it. It is determined by what someone is willing to pay for it.

If I ask $10,000 for a dog, but I am only offered $200 for the dog, that does not mean I have a $10,000 dog, it just means I have an overpriced $200 dog.

Milo was a very good dog and a very good producer. I never knew when his last litter was going to be his last litter. I had a litter of four pups by him. I decided to keep all four pups. Two chocolates and two blacks. People kept calling me trying to get me to sell them, so I said they were $1000. The chocolate male sold very quick. I have tried to buy him back for more than that since than and the man will not sell him. I decided I would just keep the black male and two females, then a guy called me from Florida and I told him I was going to keep the rest, He said I will give you $1200 for the black female, ( I tried to buy her back, not for sale) so I said well I guess I will just keep one male and one female. A Little while latter a guy calls me looking for a male out of Milo and I said I only have one and I am going to keep him, he said you would take $2000 for him wouldn't you. So I thought well I will just keep the female and breed him again. I then sold the chocolate female I tried to buy all of them back, I did get the chocolate female back and gave her to Robert.

A man paid me $2000 for two pups out of Milo then offered me $1700 for Mylie a two month old daughter of Milo I turned him down and then gave her to my son. I turned down $3000 for Milo when I first got him, the guy said this is a standing offer, as long as you own him. I then turned down $10,000 for Milo.

go to California catchers My link and look at Reaper a son of Milo try to buy that dog for $1000.

Those people determine how much my dogs are worth not me, and especially not you....Todd

Edited by deadgame

price of a dog doesnt determine its quality.but thats my view as ive never spent that on a dog,come to think of it i dont think ive paid that for a car!

Very true statement Fishfish, but the quality of a dog determines it's price........Todd

Here is a good quote.

What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly; it is dearness only that gives everything its value.

Thomas Paine

Edited by deadgame

Hi DeadGame,...

Im just being nosey, and as i havent been to any black dog shows, or such gatherings over here, and ive never heard of the Milo dog, what has he done, that people are willing to part with $1000 for a PUP!?...i would pay $1000 for a MADE working terrier, if it worked how i like a terrier to work (having said that, if i had the money to spend a Grand on a terrier, i would be a very happy lad!..lol.)

Genuinly interested, as i have always struggled to get good, let alone great terriers over here in the States,...many thanks.

Kye..

Hi DeadGame,...

Im just being nosey, and as i havent been to any black dog shows, or such gatherings over here, and ive never heard of the Milo dog, what has he done, that people are willing to part with $1000 for a PUP!?...i would pay $1000 for a MADE working terrier, if it worked how i like a terrier to work (having said that, if i had the money to spend a Grand on a terrier, i would be a very happy lad!..lol.)

Genuinly interested, as i have always struggled to get good, let alone great terriers over here in the States,...many thanks.

Kye..

Kye, I appreciate the post, but Milo died last year. He was a very good dog and a very good producer. A lot of the people wanted to start their own line of dogs and wanted to start with Milo.... I am not here trying to sell any pups. I just wanted to put the truth out there about some lies being spread around. When people have both sides of the story they are better able to make up their own mind. Todd

Hi DeadGame,...

Kye..

Kye, I appreciate the post, but Milo died last year. He was a very good dog and a very good producer. A lot of the people wanted to start their own line of dogs and wanted to start with Milo.... I am not here trying to sell any pups. I just wanted to put the truth out there about some lies being spread around. When people have both sides of the story they are better able to make up their own mind. Todd

Hi Deadgame dont think you answered the question what type of work did milo do what quarry did he take i think was the question