four pike in four hours, but no scales..........

Big pike are easier to hand land than jacks theres more room to grab them, only time I use a net is if I can't get to water level. Neilson Baxter hand lands almost all his pike and he's probably had more 30lb+ pike than any other angler in this country. Laying a 2lb jack on a bit of soft grass ain't going to do it any harm it's not like he's put down on gravel or rock.

Why how many 30's has he had mate? And how many 20's has he had?

I also hand land all my pike...

Not totally sure but think it was around 17 pike over 30lb, but then he stopped publicizing his captures so could be well over 20 now. I know last year he put a catch report on another forum and it was either 2 or 3 over 30lb and I think 5 twentys in one days fishing.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jack of all trades and master of none.

i wouldnt even waste your time arguing with him mate hes a fu(king pri(k and i think most people on he know that by now

Posted Images

Big pike are easier to hand land than jacks theres more room to grab them, only time I use a net is if I can't get to water level. Neilson Baxter hand lands almost all his pike and he's probably had more 30lb+ pike than any other angler in this country. Laying a 2lb jack on a bit of soft grass ain't going to do it any harm it's not like he's put down on gravel or rock.

Why how many 30's has he had mate? And how many 20's has he had?

I also hand land all my pike...

Not totally sure but think it was around 17 pike over 30lb, but then he stopped publicizing his captures so could be well over 20 now. I know last year he put a catch report on another forum and it was either 2 or 3 over 30lb and I think 5 twentys in one days fishing.

mmmm, i to know guys who dont publishize there catches...

thanks for all the reply's, 5 twentys in a day!f**k i'd be happy if i got one this winter or one close to it! hopefully back out tomorrow so you never know!

You will do mate, keep at it. with enthusiasium like you have, it could be just around the corner... I dont usually say weights or anything but one of the best days i had a board my boat, saw 7 twentys and a 30+. These are red letter days, and dont come along very often.. What made it that little bit more special was the fact that i was guiding at the time, with not one punter but two. And they both had there first 2olb + fish... The young lad had two 20's if i remember rightly his biggest was 27lb+. And the other man who was a real novice and was in a boat for the 1st time, at the right time! had a 29lb 8oz fish!! He had never had a double,lol. To say it was money well spent was an understatment..I think he also lost 2 or 3 other very big fish.!!

:whistling::whistling:

Surly its way too long to be that light, rivers I fish pike of that length are always doubles a pike of between 34-36" should weigh between 11-14lb a 39" pike is usually very close to if not over 20lb.

Why what's so wrong about that? It's pretty standard stuff.

WEIGHT CALCULATION FORMULA

There is also a formula that might be of some use in calculating approximate weights of pike (in pounds) if you have the girth and extreme length measurements (in inches). The formula is:

weight = length x girth x girth ÷ 800

(W = L x G2 ÷ 800)

Surly its way too long to be that light, rivers I fish pike of that length are always doubles a pike of between 34-36" should weigh between 11-14lb a 39" pike is usually very close to if not over 20lb.

Why what's so wrong about that? It's pretty standard stuff.

the last fish holding is 8 to 9lb max... River fish are long and very lean..

Its not a lean fish, 80% of the predator fishing is on rivers I know what pike weigh.

pLS DONT TRY TO GET HIS HOPES UP.... ITS NOT EVEN A SCRAPER MATE, HONEST... WHAT DO YOU MEAN 80% OF PREDATOR FISHING IS ON RIVERS...??

WHILE YOUR ANSWERING, I WILL PUT 3 PIKE UP, AND YOU TELL ME THE WEIGHTS, OK?

Look don't want to go too much into it but I'm employed in the tackle trade due to my knowledge of carp and predator fishing, what's the point in you posting them up you will say a different weight to what I say, the formula I use is there if you want to do it yourself and see how close it is.