ferrets escaped any ideas how to get them back!!

Just sat watchin tv when I seen one of my ferrets happly strolling round the garden playing with my puppy, so I went out managed to catch it and put her back in the cage, but I'm still one short, any idea how to get her to come back I have put some food in the middle of my garden and I am sat watching it to see if she returns any other ideas would be great!! Thanks dave

Leave your carrying box outside with food outside it and see if shes there in the morning. Best of luck to you mate, i would hate to lose one. One of mines escaped twice, only reason we knew was because the dog was barking, went outside to see what it was and seen the ferret. If you have any cage traps you could try that. I would let my neighbours know as well and ask them to keep an eye out.

Ive seen stories on here of people losing theres and finding them days later in neighbours gardens etc, hope you get it back

John

I am sat watching it to see if she returns any other ideas would be great!! Thanks dave

a good idea would be to continue searching for it mate,not likely to get far is it,neighbours gardens under the shed you know all the usual places,agree to leaving its box out with grub but anything could of had that away likely a cat even,good luck anyway but id be turning the area over.

i tend to whistle when im feeding them and they soon learn to come running,has its advantages in the field as well,if one leaves a hole and is going to slip under a fence for example often a whistle will bring them back to within arms reach,just a thought :thumbs:

I rattle a set of keys when I feed mine and it is amazing how quick they assotiate the noise with dinner then if they lay up or escape just rattle the keys works for me just for future reference mate but like some one said give them a shout she proberbly already assotiates your voice with food.

bets of luck mate with getting her back.

try not to worry yourself too much buddy, one of my old hobs used to go missing quite often, would run away when i was playing with him in the garden..one time he was away for 5 days...my neighbour usually used to find him laying under her shed after ripping up her flowerbeds...shes in her eightys now and still talks about him...this was about 15 yrs ago...ferrets know how to look after themselves and will generally return when theyre hungry enough...just do as your doing and leave smelly food for them to help them home...the juice from tpms braught my last jill back within 15 minuits...good luck buddy